DP-008EX external mic suddenly no longer working

David Mumford

Gear owned
Tascam DP-008EX
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help!

I bought a Rode NT1-A external condenser mic to attach to my Tascam DP-008EX. It was working fine for the last few weeks, and then suddenly today it stopped working.

I've tried using different leads, and that doesn't work (so it's not a faulty lead).

I've tried a different mic, and that works fine (so it's not a fault with the Tascam itself).

Reading some of the other threads, I'm worried I might have done something in the wrong order and broken the mic somehow.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thanks
David

I had a problem with an AT 2020 on a model 12. It would work fine for about 1/2 hour then the signal would degrade and the noise floor would increase and sound like thunderstorms. A swap out with Oktava 219’s and other condenser mic resulted in the same issue so I returned the unit. Upgraded to the Model 24 and same mike work fine. Can you check operation of the mic another way?

Is the phantom power on the 8 track definitely on?

Emma: Yep, phantom power is definitely on.

Ray: The mic suddenly started working with my tascam, so I thought the problem was solved. But just now, it randomly stopped working again. I suspect it might have something to do with the order I turn on the buttons?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.