DP-008EX track mute

dad roadie

Gear owned
Tascam DP 008EX Tascam
Hi Again to all,
I guess I must have upset some people by my last post. If I did I'm sorry about that. Didn't mean to offend anyone in any way. I admit I'm having the problem understanding things on this unit. Not the machines fault the user! I'm just trying to get it to work
That said is there anyone that might be able to explain the function of ,and why you would use the TRACK MUTE ?
I have read through this section of the manual and I'm having trouble understanding why you would need to mute a track that has nothing on it. Or do you use the mute to silence tracks that have material recorded that you don't want on the master track? I would think if you turn the track volume down on that channel it would do the same thing. I believe on the "old school mixers the track mute buttons gave you a chance to shut off individual tracks quickly to monitor just one or two tracks during the mixdown process. On this unit pressing the two buttons and selecting the tracks to mute takes a while to complete. any help on understanding this would be appreciated.

Again Thanks in advance
dad roadie

New threads

Members online

No members online now.