DP 01

LAVRNIUS

Gear owned
32sd 2488 424mk111 dp01fx
Did not see a thread for the DP 01 so my best bet is here. I have a DP 01 and I am trying to get some track waves off songs. The unit is not showing up on my desk top. I am using a newer iMac it showed up in finder one time then quickly ejected itself. Now not even finder shows it as a external usb device. It never appeared as a icon on the desk top. I have exported the tracks correctly and backed up the song to the FAT. I am using a usb 2.0 and tested it on my 2488 and it worked correctly. I believe the dp 01 is newer than the 2488 so im not sure what is going wrong. Did some digging around on internet and not seeing any help.

According to the manual you need to "Open" it for USB connection, ie for the computer to "see" the files on it (page 41 in the manual).

The DP-01 is not one of this device familiy (8-channel input 2488, DP-24, DP-32), but one of the simpler 2-channel input devices like DP-02, DP-03, DP-008 to name a few.
https://www.tascamforums.com/forums/digital-pocketstudios-and-compact-portastudios.8/
Perhaps an admin move this question to the correct forum?

Regarding your question: Did you follow the procedure in the manual of exporting tracks for computer access? Your songs and tracks are hidden in song-partitions, not visible by a PC or Mac. Hence you have to export into the FAT-partition. See manual MENU function WAVE -> EXPORT TRACK.
After exporting your track(s) should become accessible in the FAT-partition you already mounted.

Yeah I did everything correct. Basically the same as 2488. I restarted the computer the dp showed on desktop but I got spinning ball when I clicked on it. Then I get a “ properly eject device” warning. The dp is ejecting itself. Oh well not gonna spend much more time with it. Prob run the lines out into my mpc pull it like that. Thanks

New threads

Members online

No members online now.