Dp-03 digital portable audio workstation

Griendrr

Gear owned
DP-03 SD/CD
Hi,

I bought this around ten years ago at guitar center. I had the choice of DAW or this, I wasn't familiar with either but chose because of its stand alone capabilities.

TBH it feels quite cumbersome to use, but I've laid down a few tracks. Haven't come close to mastering it by any means.

Today I'm moving songs to my PC to upload to sound cloud. Which requires mix down/ mastering.

One song had 22 seconds of garbage at the start. So I edited. Did a CUT. Start point at zero, end point at 22 seconds.

Now the song starts where it's supposed to (reads 00.00 where it used to read 22.00). The song plays well but when I hit record- play during mix down/ master, the song ends at 22 seconds. Deff not a coincidence that I cut the song from zero to 22.

Anyone know how to fix this ? Thank You,

Joe

Just a quick thought (I don't own any of these type of recorders): Could it be that your IN and OUT markers are not set correctly? Sounds like the OUT marker used for cutting stayed where you put it..

Reactions: dctdct and Griendrr
Not a bad guess .

After reading a bit more I did find that's where they were set. Took care of everything.

It's such a cool piece of equipment, I guess not getting a drum beat is it's biggest drawbacks to DAW.

Now I see I can only export stereo master tracks, in wav format. That does me no good for either uploading to my YouTube channel or importing a track into DAW.

I'll read up a bit more but that's what it looks like.

Thank you for the solution !!!!

Joe

Reactions: Arjan P
You guessed right. The IN/OUT marks are also used to flag the boundaries for mixdown activities. Hence it is important to put them on the right count before executing mixdown.
I don't know the DAW you are using, but typically these programs should be able to import and convert whatever standard audio files you give them. Wave 16/44.1 as all the small portastudios export, shouldn't be a problem.

I found I cannot import the stereo master mix into logic pro (yet), but it's not a problem to move all tracks, that's all I really need I think.

Thank You Both !!!!

Joe

Now I see I can only export stereo master tracks, in wav format. That does me no good for either uploading to my YouTube channel or importing a track into DAW.

I'll read up a bit more but that's what it looks like.

Joe
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here. You can only export stereo master tracks?

Or they can only be exported in wav format?

I have the DP-03SD which can export individual tracks, as well as stereo mixes. I don't know if that is available on all DP-03 models.

@spantini
It is. All types of portastudio can export either the master track as one file or the single tracks as several files. As per my own experience and the manual.

Reactions: spantini
It's just me learning or remembering what the capabilities are. Yes I can export stereo master and individual tracks, but as of this moment, my DAW will only accept individual tracks into a file, not a stereo master track.

New threads

Members online