DP-03 recording stereo track with internal mics

andy rattle

Hi new here, I've checked but can't see this covered.
Can i record two tracks to the internal mics (as in record a band rehearshal) and then export that as a stereo wav file? I can export two tracks separately but putting them together on Audacity is beyond me!

You certainly can record two tracks via the internal mikes, provided that you have used the Input Setting and Assign buttons, located at the top left of the Tascam, to designate inputs A and B as deriving their signals from both internal microphones. With that done, both mikes should be live and ready to record via inputs A and B, whilst previously recorded tracks play in the background to keep tempo.

I have not actually attempted to activate BOTH internal mikes so they will record simultaneously, therefore I do not write this opinion with certainty about its success. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: andy rattle
Thanks , yes i can record two tracks quite successfully , but i need an easy way to turn that into a stereo wav file

I think you might be making reference to the Master process, that converts files to WAV format, after the Mix stage is complete, though I am not sure if there are additional steps required to ensure that the WAV file is in stereo format, as opposed to mono.

I'm still taking baby steps with this machine, so I'll leave the elaboration on this question to more informed users.

Last edited:
Yes your right i think i could master it as a stereo track but would have to play all three hours of the recording and its only a reference recording of a band rehearsal so wondered if there was a quick way.

I think putting two mono tracks together in Audacity is easier: Just use 'Import > Audio' under 'File' for each of the tracks. Then pan one to the left and the other to the right (little sliders at the left of the tracks). Then go back to 'File' and select 'Export Audio', name the file and click OK. Done!

If you use the Mastering feature to create a stereo track from the two tracks you can export this file master and import to a "stereo" track of your song on the dp03, the system will recognize the stereo wav file and will ask you to use a pair of channels for stereo files, infact after importing in to the tracks/channels (for example 7/8) you will have a stereo track and the volumte fader will respond only to the first of these two, for example to control the volume of the stereo track 7/8 you have to slide the fader 7.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.