DP-24/32SD Step-by-Step Guide

The Step-by-Step guide has been updated to v166. Existing customers should have received their update via email. If interested, full details including a contents list and sample pages is here.
Changes from v165 to v166 are:-
  • 3.14 & 66 - clarified firmware upgrades do not need intervening versions.
  • 3.16 - added section on formatting.
  • 3.23 - added section on loudness.
  • 3.28 & 50 - added sections on metronome & how to record it.
  • 3.30.1 - clarified monitoring with speakers and headphones.
  • 3.38 & 62 - clarified why power off when making connections.
  • 3.41 - clarified rec-safe button is on both dp24sd and dp32sd.
  • 3.55 & 61 - added sections on synchronising & how to use a MIDI sync unit.
  • 3.57 - clarified undo process; 10 states always kept regardless of history level.
  • Misc tweaks, including:
  • Added front page.
  • Brightened up some screen shots.
  • Expanded abbreviations.

I got Phil's Step By Step guide today. I have not switched on my 24SD yet but I went straight to the guide to look for a few answers that I needed. Hey presto !! I found my answers. No more looking at the Tascam manual. Thank you Phil, you are a huge time saver. Kudos

Joined the forum and the first thing I did was purchase Phil’s step by step guide. I have watched his videos for the last couple years trying to decide on what I wanted. Originally purchased the Tascam Model 12...amazing piece of gear but didn’t quite suit my desired workflow. DP24 (cd and midi version) should be arriving today. Grateful for the expertise here and once again for Phil’s efforts, expertise and affordable content!
- Bill

Thank you Phil for putting together the DP32sd Step by Step User Guide and all the instructional videos. It's all very helpful!

Sorry, new guy here. Can I get a little direction in how to buy the material ?
Thanks folks.

Oh.. edit... I just saw there is an email..

Thanks again

New threads

Members online