DP-24 issues

Scott Barker

Gear owned
DP-24
Having a couple of issues with my dp-24.

Firstly, I have an intermittently failing monitor control. It has "fixed itself" a couple of times now, suddenly it will start working again.
I feel like it's a software issue rather than an actual failure of the hardware ie; the pot itself. I have installed the latest firmware.
I recently mastered the process, I think, of saving whole songs via usb into my laptop and have successfully reloaded them.

Which brings me to my second problem.
I am experiencing drop out, not all the time, but again, intermittent.
I have cleared and reformatted the card, that came with the machine and reloaded the saved files back into the recorder.
Is it possible the files are corrupted, could the card be the cause of dropouts?

I have had this thing a year and only lately started using it a lot, at first it worked cleanly, no drop outs, pristine sound and a functioning monitor buss. Now it has become very erratic in its performance.

Thanks to anyone who may have any input or suggestions.
I posted in this post because it seems to be the most recently active.

Did you update to the new firmware that came out 2 weeks ago?

Scott, the SD card can create all sorts of issues. I often connect via USB to transfer all songs off the card, then format it in the DP-24, and then reconnect and restore the songs.

I use 32 GB SanDisk Ultra cards (class 10), which are extremely reliable (and are on Tascam's approved media list), but after time, they can get quirky, which is why I often format them, as above. I don't know if this may have any bearing on the monitor issue, but could easily be related to the rest.

Thank you Bob! I have only ever used the 2gig card that came with the 24. I will try replacing the card and see if things improve.

New threads

Members online