DP-24 Pan settings on channel 1 & 2

W Fletcher

Gear owned
DP-24 2488
I have a new DP-24 that I am still getting use to, I love the recorder up till now but when I record a mono drum track on channel 1 I have the pan set at centre, after I have mixed the song, mastered it and burned to CD then go back to channel 1 I find the pan has changed to far left pan, and the next channel 2 has change to far right pan, I only happens on these two channels , is this a normal default setting for these two channels ?
Can anyone help please,
Will

Hi Will..

Although not precisely your issue, I've found that upon creating a new song, the "zero-desk" (default) configuration of my -24 includes hard left/hard right panning on multiple tracks. I've learned to check each track prior to recording/prior to use, to insure the pan is correctly set (although it can certainly be done after the fact).

Frankly, I must be one of "the blessed", as I've received outstanding support from Tascam (especially when I first began using the -24 and couldn't begin to decipher the manual.)

Best of luck. Like to know what/if you find out!

Hi Marty,
Thanks for your answer, I always check that the panning is centre on channels 1 & 2
then mix them and check again (still centre) then master, and check again (still centre) now when i use the CD and play it and go back to channels 1 & 2 they have changed to hard left and hard right, it seem to be using the CD changes the Pan setting. ( only happens on 1 & 2 )

New threads

Members online

No members online now.