DP-32 - is there a way to input left and right guitar into the unit,

Daniel Trotter

Gear owned
tascam dp-32
i am running a fractal audio for my guitar. the fractal sounds fantastic and output is left and right, i am bummed out that it looks like i will only be able to give the tascam DP-32 one signal.

Most modern guitar processors these days will have a left and right out put.
is there some way i can get the left and right into the unit ?
maybe plug the one signal in and run the axe fx in a effects loop ?
any ideas ?

Dan

Plug the left and right Fractal outputs into two separate input channels on the SD32 ... I have Fractal and Kemper and it works for me. If the the effects are stereo, pan the two channels in opposite directions or enough to achieve the desired effect.

from my understanding on the DP-32, Per manual,
"Connect an electric guitar to the
MIC/LINE INPUTS H jack on the rear panel."
there is only one input available for an electric guitar signal.
i could be miss-understanding a bit though.

Input H for the guitar is if you are plugging the guitar directly into the DP-32. It has a higher impedance than the other inputs specifically designed to amplify the guitar signal.

As Jazzbox suggested, plug the Fractal outputs into two inputs and assign those inputs to a stereo track.

i figured that i was missing something,
i get it 100% now,
next question,
is there a way to have the board all set up to record, drum machine, bass and guitar but with out actually recording at the moment and still be able to play guitar and drums through the dp-32 out to the monitors,,? just like i would be running with my mackie fx16.
would the rehearse button allow all of this ?

Yes. Just assign inputs as needed and push the REC button for each input you want and all those assigned tracks will be output to your monitors.

However, when you record the DP-32 allows a maximum of 8 tracks to be recorded at a time.

next,
i am trying to hook my computer to the tascam in order to play audio, like backing tracks, youtube, regular stuff from my pc, worked fine on my mackie, i have hooked up the usb to the tascam, it just seems the tascam, when select usb, it seems to connect, but no audio plays, and the screen on the tascam just stays frozen, the only choice is to undo the connection,, what am i missing on this ?

The USB is only for transferring files to/from a computer. To do what you want, your best bet is you need to go from your computer speaker out (1/8"?) to a 1/4" and plug it in one of the inputs A-H.

I'm still learning on mine, but I do know the USB won't do that.

next,
i am trying to hook my computer to the tascam in order to play audio, like backing tracks, youtube, regular stuff from my pc, worked fine on my mackie, i have hooked up the usb to the tascam, it just seems the tascam, when select usb, it seems to connect, but no audio plays, and the screen on the tascam just stays frozen, the only choice is to undo the connection,, what am i missing on this ?

First... I respectfully suggest that you read the manual. It explains a lot of this stuff. It's far from perfect - but you'll be better off after going through it as opposed to flying blind.

What I do... if I want to play along with something... or just for any reason if I want to play audio files from the DP32SD... is to transfer .wav files from your computer into the "audio depot" folder - then import the file to whatever track(s) you want.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.