DP-32 System ERR 50 Please PWR off

JoeMama

Gear owned
DP-32
Hello,
Yesterday 'out of the blue', when I powered the machine on, I got the
error message :
System Err 50 Please PWR off. When I tried to power off, it would not shut down. I ended up 'pulling the plug' to shut it down. The SD Card I had in the machine contains about 10 songs that I have been working on and are very important to me!
I removed the SD Card, and inserted a different one which seemed to work just fine. Leads me to believe there is a glitch on the SD Card.
I have read that you can insert the card in your computer, find the error and delete it.
Can someone help me with specifics on this process? I have had the machine for several years and it has been fine up to now. Please treat me like a third grader when you explain. (no offense to 3rd graders! :) )

After assuring you're running the most current firmware,

If you're getting a "file error" message when you boot using the SD card that has your songs, then look in the Equipment Sticky for the fix.

Or,
Write protect the SD card that has your songs, then put it in your computer's card reader, copy the entire card to your computer, then copy the Music folder to a new TASCAM tested and approved SD card that's first been formatted in your Porta-studio.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks Mark. You are miles ahead of this old blockhead!
How do I check to see if I am running the most current firmware? I don't even know what that is....
And, what is the equipment sticky? Are you talking about the manual?
Thanks for your help and your patience.
Joe

Check firmware:

power up
press menu
scroll to "information"
look under "info"

You'll have to ask or search for which is the most recent firmware for your DP-32. I have the DP-32SD which has a different version.

Mark is referring to the sticky threads at the top of this forum. Those threads are stuck there and do not slide down as new threads are added. They contain a plethora of pertinent information related to the operation and function of the Tascam DP series. He's recommending that you read through the one titled: "Share DP24/32 Equipment Related Tips".... for information that might help you with your inquiry.;)

Not sure what you mean...How do I check to see if I am running the most current firmware?

Strongly suggest you watch Phil Tipping's free video series in the stickies and consider a donation to Phil for all his hard work if you find them helpful.

Also suggest browsing through all the stickies to get a sense of what's available there.

Learning to use the forum search function (white box at very top right side of your screen) is also time well spent. Virtually anything you need or want to know about the DP-24/32/SD can be found in the forum with minimal effort. Search hits are viewed by clicking on the "Site Results" tab.

Latest thread on firmware is here.

You have to go to the TASCAM support website to download the firmware update for installation on your portastudio:
https://tascam.com/us/
  • The DP-32 is listed under Support/"Discontinued Products".
  • Scroll down the results page until you find the DP-32, then click on it.
  • Then scroll down until you see "DOWNLOADS.
  • Click on "Firmware/Software".
  • Download the "Firmware Update Procedures" and the latest firmware.
  • Under MEDIA, download the "Tested Media" file for SD cards TASCAM has confirmed are compatible.
All downloads need to be unzipped first. Windows 7/8/10 does this for you. Just click on the zip files once downloaded. Don't know how Apple products handle that.

Instructions for updating are also in your owner manual and are very simple, clear, easy and painless. If you've misplaced your owner manual, you can download the owner manual from the same DP-32 Support section under MANUALS.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Porter
I would just like to thank Mr. Phil Tipping for his extraordinary body of work on the Tascam machines. I have purchased his manual of 'Step by Step' instructions and procedures for my DP-32 and found it to be a veritable treasure trove of information!

I highly recommend the manual to anyone who wants a complete, concise and thorough user's guide for their machine.
Thanks Phil, my hat is off to you!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.