DP transfer audio files to computer

joslenior

From
Netherlands
Gear owned
US-2x2, DP32SD
Maybe this is common knowledge, but I didn't know: the audio files placed by the DP24/32 in the music folder of the sd card are in wav format and can be read by the computer. This means that transferring files to the computer for processing in a daw can be done directly without the need to export them via the audio depot folder. Importing to the DP should be done using audio depot.

Please beware that any changes made by the computer on the sd card might make the card unusable by the DP. In this case reformatting the card will be neccessary.

Grtz,

Jos

Update: this is only useful for raw data. All actions like punch-in will create a wav file as well, but there is no time sync with the original file. If there were any modifications on the original file you have to use export to audio depot or bounce the file to a net track.

Grtz,

Jos

Yes they can - it's a trial by error process to locate the track you want to edit because of the DP's naming conventions, but they are also WAV files, and can be edited in a PC application. When I bought Ozone 5 to use with Sound Forge Pro, it came with a "Lite" version of Izotope's Nectar for processing vocals, so I extracted a vocal track from a song list and experimented with it. Too artificial for my liking, but it does verify the answer to your question.

New threads

Members online