Dp008ex foot switch

Curt Curtis

From
Tulsa
Gear owned
Dp008ex
First post. New to recording.

I'm using a generic normally open foot pedal to pause recording. I can see the track record lights going from solid, back to flashing when pedal is pressed, but the recording timer keeps going. Does this mean there will be a period of silence while recording is paused?

If you listen back to the track, that will tell the story. I do not know about that recorder in particular, but it sounds like you are punching in and out when you push the switch.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm punching out and back in, and there is that silence while punched out. I'm wondering if the tascam foot switch (fs1) will pause both functions.

Reactions: -mjk-
I use a footswitch with the DP-32 (a different footswitch). It will separately punch in/out and start/stop.

Btw, welcome to the Tascam Forums!

Thank you. I was trying to use it on the record mode, but reading the owners manual (which is extremely difficult to navigate), l think it only works in the playback mode, not record. I was on stage Sunday and wanted to pause the recording between songs, and on break.

Reactions: -mjk-
It's probably easier to record the entire gig and edit it for content later. The one time you forget to go back into record will be on the best song of the night - The Voice of Experience.

Plus you don't have to deal with another piece of hardware that might fail somehow. And you might capture something significant between songs that you wouldn't be recording with the footswitch in pause mode.

Reactions: dctdct

New threads

Members online

No members online now.