DR-05V2 built in mic will record at same time with lav mic

yojoe266

Gear owned
DR-05
Hi, when I try to record on my Lav mic it does not turn off the built in stereo mics so it would actually run at the same time. I looked at another thread similar to this and they said something about assigning the left channel to track 2 and turn its input to zero. I was wondering how do you even assign channels for the V2? And are there any other ways to solve this issue? Thanks!

Which exact model of Lav mic do you have? Have you tried other ones?
They can be wired up at least 4 ways that I can think of on 2 kinds of plugs (T-S & T-R-S), and the signal can be stereo, mono, dual mono, mono requiring ext power. The DR series of recorders don't play nice with all of them unless you know what you're dealing with. I know I want to get another lav that's more compatible with my DR-40 and use the one I've already got that my DR-40 doesn't like (ATR 3350is), direct to my camcorder.

I have the same error. Just using a generic lav mic [OR JUST A BLANK TRS PLUG into the external mic input] of the dr-05 still leaves the internal mics active.. This should happen.... the action of plugging in a plug into the external mic input should disable the internal mics...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.