DR-05X not recognised by MacOS

Susan S

Gear owned
Tascam dr-05x
I recently got a new Tascam dr-05x. Yesterday I tried to plug it to my MacBook Pro as the audio interface but my MacOS failed to detect the device (nothing found with the corresponding USB port, nor in the system audio setting). My system is Majova and I used a micro-USB to USB cable so there shouldn’t be any adapter issue. I did exactly what the user manual said and the device screen did turn to the audio I/F after executing the connect function. I also tried on one of my friends’ MacBook Pro which was in Catalina, but the same issue also occurred. I’m not sure whether this is a defect of the device. So far the stand alone recording of the device with mic output works fine. Did anyone have a similar issue before so that can give me some advice?
Thanks in advance.

In order to get the Tascam DR-05X to be recognized on my Mac, I downloaded the latest firmware update from here:
https://tascam.com/us/product/dr-05x/download

I took my microsd card that I use for the Tascam DR-05x and inserted it a microsd card reader to transfer the downloaded firmware. The firmware comes as a zip file. You need to decompress it first then copy only the "DR05X_058.111" file into the microsd card in the "Utility" directory. after that, follow the steps on how to apply the firmware from Tascam:
https://tascam.com/downloads/products/tascam/dr-05x/e_dr-05x_07x_fw-update_va.pdf

Also, make sure you are using a good quality micro USB cable. My Tascam DR-05x is now recognized as an audio interface on my Mac.

Also, make sure that the micro usb cable has data-transfer-capability. Some micro usb cables only have charging capabilities.

I had a similar problem connecting my DR-05X to my PC and I had the wrong cable.

I have the same issue. I've updated to the latest firmware, I've used multiple high quality cables and still it does not recognise in Mac or Windows computers as an audio interface device however it DOES recognise as a USB mass storage device which would indicate that the port is ok.

Anyone fixed theirs yet before I contact Amazon to get a replacement or refund?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.