DR100 MkII Li-Ion Battery Fails, Blinking or No Charging Light

Tim Lapp

Gear owned
Tascam DR100 mkII
I recently bought a third party battery for my MkII because it didn't come with a battery (second hand), but either the battery is a dud or my unit is broken.

At first the charging light would blink repeatedly when I plugged in a USB cable, but now it doesn't illuminate at all. I couldn't find any description of a blinking charge light in the manual so I'm wondering what it means. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

This probably won't help you, but I had the exact same issue a few months ago, after not using the DR-100 for a long time. I was at the point of buying the adapter and forget about the Li-Ion battery, but somehow retrying with different USB power sources brought the life back and got it charging again. The problem is, I don't remember exactly how I got to this solution and what exactly did it.. Sorry, but all I can say is, don't give up.

Reactions: Tim Lapp
I had a similar issue with used DR100mkii. Flashing charge indicator is not charging, seemed more like a short circuit. I had previously noticed battery leakage in the AA compartment. I took some things apart and found crystallized battery fluid that i think was shorting 2 solder joints. After scraping and cleaning with isopropyl, charging function worked.

There remains an issue with the unit not turning on (power, record button and screen lights flash once but does not turn on), but for the moment I am viewing these as two separate issues. If anyone has any ideas about this problem, please share.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.