E.Q Problem

ERDAL

Website
www.erdalkizilcay.com
Gear owned
TASCAM DM 4800
Hi, there is a problem with the E.Q. Every time I set to zero, all goes back to +18.0 db and 15.1 kHz. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? It is on the attach. Thx for your answers.

Attachments

• 20210815_191013.jpg
    20210815_191013.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 20
Hello Erdal, just wondering if you ever managed to sort this problem out. Wish I could be of some help, but I have been trying to find a reason for this without any luck since you posted this. Drawing a complete blank here as to the behavior you've described, not being able to replicate it in any way. The only thing I could think of in the end is that it could be some sort of automation issue but, again, was unable to replicate anything.
Anyway, hope you managed to solve this. I'm sure I'm not the only one here scratching their head over it.
Jack

Hi J l Bowie, I've noticed it is only on Hi frequency's Hi-G. Even if I set whole E.Q. O db. after few mins. It will go up it self, I was observing that E.Q. And it did it front of me. The problem is, on all channels. I don't think it is an Automation, because Automation is not on, and deleted whole Automation list. I think, electronically something is not working. Or defect. It is only upper high E.Q. but if I set to LFP, it won't do it. I guess it is defect. Thx for your answer..

I couldn't think of anything from your first post, but if it happens on all channels but only with Hi-G band on Peak mode, that's very specific. The fact that it starts happening on its own after a few minutes makes me think of some hardware failure in the board (bad capacitor perhaps)..

These boards are ofcourse getting older and older, so I'm afraid we'll be seeing more and more of these weird things happening in the future. I have my second display starting to show the horizontal lines more and more after years of no lines at all..

Thx Arjan P, I have just bought an another DM4800. Because my the other DM4800, start to have a lines on display and didn't have a Firewire card. So, today I've purchased from an Ebay a Display for DM4800 from England, it will be for my son. I'll check it for the bad capacitors, I think you are right. Anyway thanks for reading this..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.