"error 201300...."

steven m armstrong

Gear owned
DP06, DP24SD
yeah i recorded a big file...sacrificed some small ones to try and back it up then export out..
then, i recieved this love letter:
"ERROR 201300."
the unit will also tell me to shut the device off..

HELP?

You indicate you have a TASCAM DP06 (Gear: DP06, DP24SD), which TASCAM doesn't make. I've assumed you meant DP-006, so I referred to the online OM for that product.

The "201300" error code isn't in the DP-006 OM. So I asked ChatGPT about the error code. Of course, ChatGPT is a "work in progress"; so reliability may not be spot on.

Re step #3 of the response, for reference, page 11 of the OM has a section on SD card compatibility; SD cards TASCAM has tested and confirmed for use with the product; and precautions for use of SD cards. Re step #5 of the response, perhaps that may be your best bet for an authoritative answer.

Following is how ChatGPT responded.
===================================
Error 201300 on a TASCAM DP-006 is an indication that the device has encountered an issue with the SD card. This error can occur when the SD card is not properly inserted, is damaged or corrupted, or is incompatible with the TASCAM DP-006.

To troubleshoot this error, you can try the following steps:
  1. Power off the TASCAM DP-006 and remove the SD card from the device.
  2. Make sure the SD card is properly inserted into the TASCAM DP-006. Try removing it and reinserting it to ensure it is properly seated.
  3. Try using a different SD card with the TASCAM DP-006 to see if the error persists. Make sure the SD card is compatible with the TASCAM DP-006 and is not damaged or corrupted. If the error does not occur with a different SD card, the original SD card may not be compatible with the TASCAM DP-006.
  4. Format the SD card using the TASCAM DP-006. This will erase all data on the card, so be sure to back up any important files before formatting.
  5. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact TASCAM support for further assistance.
===================================

Last edited:
Reactions: dctdct

New threads

Members online