Exporting track from DP-004 Portastudio to PC

Bnat13

Gear owned
Dp 004 portostudio
My guitarist recorded tracks on his DP-004 portastudio and can't figure out how to get the tracks to the PC. We connected the usb cable from the device to the PC and the device just shows the usb connection screen, but we can't do anything. We try and turn the wheel, but we are stuck at the screen and can't do anything else. to change to export track The computer is detecting the device but once connected, we can't get past that usb connected screen. Can somebody please give me detailed steps, how to export the tracks? it is very very much appreciated.

I have a Tascam DP-04 and although I don't use it that often I can probably help. Are you trying to move individual tracks to the computer or a mix to did in the DP-04?

If you have the owners manual see pg. 91. You have to either create a Back-Up file, Track wav. file or Stereo Master Mix file within the DP-004 before connecting it to the computer. After connection you will not be able to do anything on the DP-004. Select computer from your start menu on the computer and you will find the DP-004 there where you can save the files to your computer or external hard drive. Note: if the SD card is too full you will not be able to create these files on the DP-004 in the first place so be careful to leave enough space on you SD card to do that. If you do not have the manual I am sure you can download one from the TASCAM website. Hope this helps.

New threads

Members online