Veteran
From
The Hague, Netherlands
Website
sites.google.com
Gear owned
DM4800
Hi fellow DM users,
Somehow I lost the FW connection between my PC and the DM. The DM display shows: Card OK, 1394 Driver Offline. In my computer's device manager the 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (oude versie) has a yellow error icon. Properties shows Device cannot start, Code 10. In Cubase I cannot switch the ASIO driver to IF-FW.

Updating the driver in the device manager, to the regular version or the legacy version, does not repair the error. I downloaded the 1394_OHCI_LegacyDriver.msi, ran install and found the x64 and x86 drivers in Program Files (x86). But when I try to install Legacy1394.inf, I get the message: the selected inf file does not support this method of installation.

So now I'm lost and my studio is down. Can anyone help me?
Regards, Frans

Properties shows Device cannot start, Code 10.
This part looks a bit worrying to me. Looks like you've been doing the right steps - and possibly the FW-card has broken down. I think I would try to find a replacement FW-card, at least to trouble shoot (maybe easier said than done..). Good luck!

I connected the DM to a different PC (not mine) and everything worked fine. So the IF-FW card in de DM must be ok.
Then I reconnected my PC and installed a different FW PCI card. Now the yellow icon in the device manager has disappeared. But still no music...
The Digital screen on the DM shows: Card: ok. But 1394 keeps alternating between 'not ready' and 'locked' every 30-60 seconds. The IF control panel on the PC sees the devices, but shows 'unlocked'.

Did you try the various 1394 Windows host controllers with the 'new' FW PCI card? Maybe switching between recommended settings and the Legacy driver might give a result. But at least it looks like the problem is on the PC FireWire side in any case.

The wobbly behavior led me into thinking that there might be some sort of hardware/mechanical problem. I moved the FW PCI card to a different slot (had to make room by installing a slimmer graphics card), and now it WORKS!
(now I don't fully trust my motherboard anymore...)

Reactions: Arjan P
Good news - well, in a way.. At least you're up and running again!

New threads

Members online