First Recording w/DP-008EX * Couple Questions

kraml

Gear owned
DP008EX
I'm making my first recording with the DP-008EX. I've read/followed the quick start guide, but I'm not entirely clear what happens to my original track, or how to transfer the final product in a playable format (e.g., mp3) to my computer.
The recording consists of a single track that I made in multitrack mode. At this time I want to do everything on the DP-008EX and simply push out a playable file via USB to my computer. (1) What are the steps to do this and (2) after these steps, will the original track made in multitrack mode still be available in case I want to keep the first final product and create a second final product from the same orginal track?
Thanks, k

A track can be “exported” to a .WAV format file on the FAT partition of the SD card. From where it can be copied to a host PC, just like any other .WAV file on an SD card can.
[MENU] IMPORT/EXPORT -> EXPORT TRACK
The recorded track(s) remain part of the song, on the SD card in the DP-008. With the .WAV file being an additional file generated from the recording.

The track(s) of a song can also be mixed down to a stereo, master track. Set IN and OUT points for the section the master is to be generated from. Then:
[BOUNCE/MIXDOWN/MASTERING] MIXDOWN
This is a separate entity to the 8 tracks of the song. With the last master generated being stored as part of the song. The master can also be exported to a .WAV format file on the FAT partition of the SD card.
[MENU] IMPORT/EXPORT -> EXPORT MASTER

Hope this helps.

Reactions: dctdct

New threads

Members online