FX Returns on separate faders

mark s zonder

Gear owned
dp sd 24
I have spent alot of time and came up empty. Simple question, recording 4 tracks of drums, then fx 1 is sent to a dbx compressor and returning on channel 8. Fx 2 is sent to a reverb unit and returned to 5-6.
I have done all of the post-pre-level etc . But I cannot seem to have the returns on their own faders and audible. Not sure if I have to put channel in rec, but I am used to old school analog console with just bringing back fxs on separate channels and mixing as I go.
Interesting as if I put snare and kick send to reverb in the pre setting I hear it, but all of the faders are down. No idea of where it is coming from.
A bit confused. Love your videos and very helpful . Thanks again.

The inputs come into the mixer thru the trim pots. You assign the inputs to the stereo bus and/or tracks. On the DP machines, faders never control inputs. The faders control the track outputs to the stereo or Bounce bus.

Interesting as if I put snare and kick send to reverb in the pre setting I hear it, but all of the faders are down. No idea of where it is coming from

You have those return channels assigned to the stereo bus. If you pull the master fader down, it goes away. You can assign them to tracks and record it if you want.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.