Headphones won’t go to main Chanel anymore

David Bruce

Gear owned
Tascam 12
Hi,
I am new to the forum and have owned a model 12 for just over a year. I have used the main channel with headphones and speakers as I mainly record on my own. I moved my board and now can’t get the headphones onto the main channel. The AFL/PFL light is on. I have checked that all the solo buttons are disengaged as well as the AFL/PFL for both headphones and also the AFL button in the effects bus. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might be going wrong.
Many thanks and a hello from Ireland

Hi @David Bruce,
check that the Aux 1/Aux 2 AFL switches in the monitoring sections are off (pushed out), item 36 on page 23 of owner's manual.

Cheers

Max

Thanks Max I have done that but it doesn’t make any difference. I am thinking it may be a fault. I will upgrade to version 1.3 and see if it changes. Thanks for the reply

Sorry to hear that. The PFL/AFL indicator lights when at least one of the channel SOLO or Aux 1/2 AFL or FX SOLO switches is engaged (pushed in), can't remember if it's triggered even by some menu preferences. Did you try a system reset? (Menu->System->Initialize) By the way, updating the firmware is a good thing.

Thanks Max,

I will try a system reset. I have all solos effects and monitor switches disengaged. The problem started when I moved the board to a new area. When I switched back on the afl light flickered and then engaged.
I have set the aux 1 to after fader so I can still mix. It could be damp as the new studio is in an old stone building. I have a dehumidifier running so hopefully it will sort it. Thanks for the link to the thread. I love the model 12 but it has a steep learning curve.

Solved the problem. The Aux 1 was pressed in on the effects channel after pressing that the AFL light flickered out. I have pressed back in Aux 1 on the effects and it stays unlit.
Was definitely some kind of fault but has corrected itself. That’s for the help

Sticky switch blades probably due to moisture and/or dust, fortunately you recovered it without going under the chassis ;).
Be happy with your Model 12.

Reactions: David Bruce

New threads

Members online

No members online now.