Hello!

Gerhard Hüttl

Gear owned
DM 3200
I'm brandly new here and mostly usual in a forum I will ask for help, because of having no own idea to solfe my problem ;+)But first I will introduce myself in a few words, that you learn me know a bit before all, okay? I have worked over 30 years as soung engineer for Austrian Broadcast (ORF) doing all kind of radio and tv-staff possible. Every kind of music, theatre, sports, politics, literature and commercials - so I'm not afraid of nothing - except if my gear does not work as I like!!!
So let's come to my problem:
I'm using a DM 3200 in my little private studio and run it with Nuendo 3 on PC (Windows XP) using Firewire MKII -Card. I know - old, but still does a good job.
Signals and Remote (Mackie-Control, Steinberg) works perfect, except I use an additional Adat-Card.
Signals work perfect again on all 32 Tracks, but Remote and Meterbridge stop during performance intermediately, also timecode display on meterbridge.
I did not update Firmware 1.02, because everything else works so lovely - you know - never change a winning team!

Has anybody some idea, how to solve my problem?

Many thanks before,

groovy greetings from Austria,

Gerhard

Regie 08 mail.jpg
...so it looks like...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Gerhard. I am not the one to give you advice on your problem but I do like to welcome you to the forum.
I do understand your hesitation in updating. I had a similar problem. I use a Tascam SX 1 LE PLUS and route signals over ADAT to my computer (using Presonus Studio One 2 software for post recording work) via a TC Electronic Konnekt 48. I updated the interface to the latest software and all sorts of problems arose mainly with the signal routing. After some discussion with a TC Electronic tech he suggested to use an earlier software version. I installed that and everything works perfectly fine since.
I do think you could update and see if things work. You should always be able to go back to your previous version if things don't work right.
Good luck and I hope some other members more familiar with your set up can offer more help or suggestion.

Harrie

Hi, Harrie,

thank you very much for your encouraging words! Good idea, I will try this!

All the best - Gerhard

Hi Gerhard, and welcome! For quicker (and more) response to your DM3200 questions, it's best to post them in the appropriate subforum, where other users normally hang out.

Hello Arjan,

yes, thank you, I think so too, so I posted it on the R&R subforum too. Probably it will be useful to post it again in some recording subforums.

Greetz, Gerhard

Yes, there is a dedicated TASCAM DM-3200 & DM-4800 forum.

New threads

Members online