Help No power

Craig Jolly

Gear owned
Tascam DPS 32
I have been using my DPS32 every day with no problems. This morning I tried to turn it on and didn't get any power. I tried a couple of different outlets. I also tried a couple of other AC adapters I had around the house but none fit this machine.

Any ideas? My hope is that somehow the power cable/AC adapter is bad. I already ordered another on Ebay this morning. The number is GPE248-120200-Z.

Any other ideas? I didn't find anything in the manual. Thanks for help!

Do you have a voltmeter to check the power supply output? If it's gone bad, it would be nice to know how long you've had it before it failed so the rest of us know the life expectancy and to have a spare at the ready. If/when you contact Tascam, they will most likely suggest that it's the power supply so if yours is still good, you can jump right past that diagnosis and get to whatever internal issue it may be having.

Joe ... thanks for your ideas. I went to Radio Shack here in Key West and their test of the power supply showed that it was bad. That was a relief. They ordered one that would work for me and I ordered a second one online to have as a backup. This forum has really been helpful.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.