How to connect Tascam dp32 (or dp24) to a multieffects processor like Boss Gt100?

Tascamgt100

Gear owned
Tascam dp-32
Hello,

I have a Tascam dp32, and I am thinking about buying a multieffects processor, the Boss gt100 (link below):

https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-100/

My doubt is...

Could I apply the effects of the Boss gt100 through the "effect send 1 or 2" connectors of the Tascam dp32?

I mean: connect "effect send 1" to "input" of Boss Gt100, and then connect "output" of Boss Gt100 to whatever track I want in the Tascam Dp32.

Is this correct? Or I must do another connection?

I have read about connecting a footswitch on this way, but I don't know if the Boss GT-100 works like a normal footswitch.

Thanks and sorry for my English if i have made any mistake.

Regards.

Hi. The method you describe using the send system on the DP32 is correct. You could use either send-1 or send-2. The only issue is whether the GT100 can handle the signal level from the DP32. I haven't got one to check, but according to the manual it has a guitar input but no line-level input (apart from the aux which bypasses the GT100 effects). So it might work as an external effect if the guitar input can handle the DP32 send level without overloading & distorting. It should be ok if you keep the send level down but can't guarantee it.
Seems the GT100 output can be set for various devices, so I guess you would set this to the line-level option, i.e. System, Output Select, Line/Phones. It's output should then be ok for feeding into an input on the DP32.

From the Tascam effect send you would connect to the Cannon input of the RMP. Then the output of the RMP (mono jack) goes to the guitar input of the Boss effector - and you can adjust the level going there on the RMP.

I got the ProRMP for €109 and am not aware of a cheaper box. But I did read some articles on Gearslutz where people also built their own for about $25.

BTW, just saw this: https://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/products/l2a

New threads

Members online

No members online now.