How to play iTunes and YouTube through Model 24?

Jlott

Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
I'm on an iMac running Logic. I've figured just about everything out I currently need to. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to listen to iTunes or YouTube through my monitors using the 24 as an interface. It seems to work when I'm in Logic. Sound coming out of channels 1-2. As soon as I quit Logic the sound comes out of my iMac. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure something silly and simple.

1. Have you selected the M24 as an output in the audio system settings?
2. What is the M24 usb audio device set as? Ie "Stereo" or "Multi"? (Menu => System => USB Audio", it should be stereo if you want the audio to come back to 1 & 2.

So multi when I'm Logic but stereo for other apps? Thanks

Yep, but if you want it to go out to a different fader you will need to do a few more steps and possible install programs such as sound flower, loopback etc

For a Mac, you need to go into your utilities, then audio/MIDI, then speaker setup, and then change which channels you want your playback on. No further software is needed.

Reactions: Jlott
Appreciate the replies. Thanks

Yes, got it figured out. Thanks

Great! Happy to hear that. Please tell us what you did, so the next time it comes up, we’ll have a solution.

Reactions: -mjk-
Open utilities folder. Click on audio MIDI setup. Right click on Model 24. Make the 24 the input and output for your mac. You will see a microphone and speaker icon next to Model 24 when it is done correctly. I also wanted to make channels 21-22 my stereo out. I clicked on configure speakers. Made the left speaker channel 21 and the right speaker channel 22. I changed the stereo out in Logic preferences to channel 21-22. Just go to Logic>preferences >audio> i/o assignments. I wanted 21-22 to be my default stereo out. Now streaming with my phone, listening to my turntable, Or iTunes and YouTube come out of channels 21-22. Hopefully I explained that ok. It's now working perfectly. Thanks

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks for posting the solution @Jlott.

One last thing, while streaming with a Bluetooth device such as phone etc. make sure you are set to usb direct. Not pc. I was wondering why I couldn't hear my iPhone.:)

New threads

Members online