How to record Youtube backing track

Fisherob

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hello I have Tascam model 12. I am using it as a DAW into Ableton Live 10 lite. I have an IMac and want to record a youtube backing track onto one of the channels and can't seem to figure out how to configure the audio routing to a channel. I can hear the video play through the monitors hooked up to the main out. Can you route the audio into a channel? I hope I'm explaining this right.

Well one way to do it super easily would be to blue tooth your phone to the model 12, send the Bluetooth to track 9/10, set track to “live”, arm the track for record and then play the clip on your phone while recording on the 12.

not sure if the quality of the sound will take a hit due to blue tooth- but You Tube sound quality is already low...? This is just super fast. I do it with drum tracks or metronome app to start a song writing session.

I believe you can record DAW’s output via USB on track 1/2 (set to PC)... again you’ll probably have to actually trigger your DAW to play the clip of interest while arming record for that channel on the Model 12 and letting the clip play

the golden rule is that the Model series MTR is really like a old school tape recorder... it captures what gets played through it (yes there are ways to work with the track WAV files via USB...but for the most part the main workflows within the Model 12 itself are best imagined as actual “recording to tape”).

Reactions: -mjk-
1) You can set bluetooth to go to channel 9/10. Switch is right next to pairing button.

2) The T12 comes w/ a TRRS cable which will plug into the audio jack of your phone. This jacks into the back and also is sent to to channel 9/10; search "Connecting smartphones/portable audio players" in manual. Yes it's a D/A/D conversion but still may be better than bluetooth.

3) Do the whole thing on your DAW and export as a WAV file (make sure to match bits and rate) transfer to SD card, and then import it

If you can hear the audio in the monitors, where is it coming in on the console?

Probably has Bluetooth Assign switch set to "main."

Bluetooth Assign (next to pairing button) must be set to "9/10." if it's on "main" then you can hear it but you can't see it in any channel other than main.

To record it, this must be set it to 9/10 AND you ALSO need to put the 9/10 input switch must be at far left, to "live" (for 9/10 "live" also includes BT.)

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Staff online

Members online