I cannot find the file I exported to my computer from tascam dp 32 sd

bmason

Gear owned
TASCAM DP 32 SD
Hooked up the unit to the computer, said it was exporting file, only problem is that the file does not show on the computer and have lost the file from the TASCAM! Any ideas?

I don't use the export function, but I believe it moves files to and from the Audio Depot folder on the Tascam. You actually use USB to move files between the Tascam and the computer, which is how I copy my mixes off for final edit and mastering.
Check that Audio Depot folder...you may find your file is there.

Thanks for the reply Bob, however it went from the Audio Depot to the computer and pffft it disappeared. It is not in the Depot. I did the process as per the manual, but I will try a few test files and get back with my results...still searching! I will copy my mixes from now on. lol

Wow, that IS odd! My workflow is to do the mix in the DP-24, but just listen with the mastering filters, not record with them. I then connect via USB, and copy off the mix onto the computer, where I do the final edits and mastering with Sony's Sound Forge Pro and iZotope Ozone. That's why I've never used the export function. I did remember reading about import and export in the manual, and I thought I remembered they both use the Audio Depot folder.
Good luck! Hope you find your file!

Thanks again Bob I will keep you informed on progress/

New threads

Members online

No members online now.