-mjk-

Staff member
From
Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Website
phoenixmediaforge.com
Gear owned
DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
I went to East Taiwan for a few days and spent a wonderful Monday night in the mountains, sleeping outdoors at 750m. When I awoke Tuesday morning I had a cough, which is not unusual after sleeping outdoors. I did some stuff and visited a friend in the area and eventually made it home the following day at 4am (Wednesday). Later in the afternoon I developed a mild fever.

Thursday, still having a fever, I home tested positive for C-19. My wife and daughter were positive the following day. The people with whom I stayed up on the mountain have not been infected. The friend I visited also tested positive on Friday but his wife did not. I cannot figure out where/how I got it. Baffling.

Today, July 1, I am allowed to leave my home quarantine. I'm about to go out and get a nice omelet from our local breakfast shop. I chose to fast during my isolation and I lost 7 KG.

I have no discernable effects from the disease. I am 66 years old and I take ~30 supplements daily, including NAC. During the duration of my isolation, I uppded my D3 intake to about 12,000 IU and I also went as high as 3,000 mg of NAC, spread out over each day. I drank a lot of water, and I have rested more than I have probably in the last decade. My hearing is still excellent and now I am slowing ramping up my exercise so I can get back to the same energy level as before. Overall I would classify this as nothing more than an annoyance.

Reactions: Felonious Punk
Thanks FP <fistbump>

The Omicron strain seems as easy to catch as a common cold.Luckily, for the vaccinated and boosted, it isn't deadly.

In my neck of the woods, the unvaccinated (about 45%), aren't fairing well when (not if) they get sick. TN overall is quickly turning from green (low risk) to orange (high risk:mask indoors).

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for you and your family, mj.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Glad you're getting over it, @-mjk- Your supplement intake baffles me, but if it helps, it helps. I got Covid in October 2020 (before the vaccines) and got over it quickly, except for some weird taste and smell changes that still remain. I can't drink any cola anymore, for example, tastes like tar. No big loss, wasn't much of a fan anyway...

Arjan, I can totally understand the being baffled part. In the USA, the FDA apparently put a ban on NAC as a supplement because it was found to effectively interfere with viral replication and therefore couldn't be allowed to compete with the pharmaceutical treatments. D3 is known to significantly boost the immune system and some studies show that populations in lower latitudes with higher incidences of sun exposure seem to do better. But I had been taking NAC for years prior.

in 2018 I went to the Sears Institute of Anti-Ageing in south Florida, USA. They performed USD$3,000 worth of Star Trek level tests and then I implemented the recommendations based on those test results. The effects on me have been astonishing. The other supplements I take are based around cognitive function restoration and preservation and some others are for "manly power" and generally designed to reverse ageing.

I had a fever for 2 days only. I had none of the aches and pains. I did have a cough and congestion but not breathing issues. 1 week later I tested negative, so my immune system killed it. The day after my quarantine ended (today) I cannot tell I had an illness. No discernable changes in anything. That's fortunate because Taiwan is a foodie's paradise.

I'm sorry to hear about your lingering effects but you're right - you're not missing anything with not being able to taste cola!

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for you and your family, mj.

Thank you Mark. My wife is doing well, and our 9 y/o daughter, Phoenix has fully recovered and it ready to get back to some serious playtime. :)

btw my motivation for posting this was mainly to explain why I've been so quiet on the Forum.

Happy to see you recovered as quickly as I did 4 months ago. Omicron too.
If this would remain the impact level for future variants (with vaccines): I could accept how it is.

Pleased to here you are feeling better mjk. This covid business is on the up again in the UK, but we have just had two major public events. The Queens Jubilee and Glastonbury festival.

@Stutz the business of COVID management, indeed. I would call it criminal, not allowing drug repurposing and alternative treatments (such as NAC, like I was able to do). COVID is a good money maker for sure.

Reactions: Stutz
Happy to see you recovered as quickly as I did 4 months ago. Omicron too.
If this would remain the impact level for future variants (with vaccines): I could accept how it is.

Totally agree. But, the new Omicron variants can escape previous immunity. Its almost like they should have their own Greek letters, which are free, btw. Why are they all Omicron now? Is that to minimize the true nature of the disease?

OK, this discussion is going where I am not. I'm out.

I can't drink any cola anymore, for example, tastes like tar. No big loss, wasn't much of a fan anyway...

@Arjan P -- I had Covid in August 2021 and I have the same experience as you. Any sweet drinks like Cola or other soda tastes like dirt has been added. No loss, it's not like I shouldn't be drinking that stuff anyway. :)

@-mjk- and anyone who has had to deal with it at any level (before or after vaccinations, etc.) -- glad you are all feeling better.

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-
@Stutz the business of COVID management, indeed. I would call it criminal, not allowing drug repurposing and alternative treatments (such as NAC, like I was able to do). COVID is a good money maker for sure.

I had to look into NAC for information about it. I personally have never heard of this treatment here in the UK, sounds interesting.

NAC is a nutritional supplement that promotes the formation of glutathione, which is a powerful free radical scavenging compound. I'm not surprised that you have never heard of it in the UK @Stutz as there are very few doctors who promote supplements over drugs. Dr. Al Sears in south Florida, USA is one of them. He wrote a book called The Healing Herbs of Paradise, which is all about the fruits and herbs of the Island of Bali and how they are used for treatment. He referenced 2 experts in the book, Westi and Lelir, a husband and wife team of 6th generation herbal healers. In 2017 I went to Bali and I met them. I spent literally hours with them talking about herbal cures for diseases. Westi took me to his herbal medicine factory and he told me that they routinely cure cancer and other so called incurable diseases. At that time, I was starting to have some prostate issues, so after I returned to Taiwan, I got Westi to send me some herbal tea for prostate health. I drank that tea for 3 months and since then I have not had any more issues. Their company is called Nadis Herbal and they take Paypal and ship worldwide.

https://nadisherbalbali.com/

Lelir told me about her pain balm. I got a tin of it and lemme tell you, its fantastic for things like lower back pain. It can also help with sleeping.

For those of you who are interested, this is a small photo album showing the Nadis Herbal store (and some of their products), Lelir and Westi at his herbal factory. When that photo of Westi and I was taken in 2017, it was before I went to the Sears Institute of Anti-Ageing. Since that photo was taken, I have lost around 15 KG and my overall health has improved considerably as well.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QPkjh1f9jrM7woSW6

@Arjan P -- I had Covid in August 2021 and I have the same experience as you. Any sweet drinks like Cola or other soda tastes like dirt has been added. No loss, it's not like I shouldn't be drinking that stuff anyway. :)

@-mjk- and anyone who has had to deal with it at any level (before or after vaccinations, etc.) -- glad you are all feeling better.

Thanks Tom. Yes, to anyone who has had COVID, you have my deepest sympathies. That's one reason I started the forum because people were being censored from talking about their personal experiences.

Westi took me to his herbal medicine factory and he told me that they routinely cure cancer and other so called incurable diseases.
I said I was out, but this type of nonsense gets me angry, and for personal reasons I will not get into. It's an insult to anyone who has or has had any type of cancer. Please stop this type of promotion in these Tascam forums.

New threads

Members online