IF-FW/DM mkII DM3200, Driver Offline

Make sure you are using the legacy driver in windows 7. It's not the default driver and not one FireWire card chipset works with the DM in my system with that driver

I still have yet to contact Tascam, but purchased a used US-144 MkI as backup in the meantime. Works great through the digital connection to the DM3200, though obviously my I/O is limited. Paid about $30 shipped. Can't hurt to have backup!

Will keep you posted if a solution is found.

Have tried all manners of FW driver, legacy and not, with multiple cards on multiple machines. Its a good thought.

Where is the repair center, and what number do they use that they will answer ? I have been trying to contact them for over a week without any luck :(

Interesting. It sounds like they outsourced if you’re saying Tascam HQ doesn’t do service repairs anymore. Are you sure that’s not a service center they referred you to? I can’t believe that Tascam HQ no longer does repairs, although it wouldn’t be impossible. If so, I’m hoping some of the experienced Tascam technicians were hired by TAP while the others would have certainly lost their jobs. If any of this is true ...nah I don’t feel like going on another Gibson rant ATM :).

http://tascam.com/support/service/ is the weblink I find. It says TASCAM but when you call the (714)562-7400 they answer TAP Electronics.
When I shipped it to their Tap Electronics Repair address, it was the same as TASCAM Buena Park, CA.

Not sure what is going on, but they do seem to have changed their name at the least.

@WiscMusic I reached out to the folks at TAP via email asking if Tascam had officially ceased its service operation and exactly what role they now assumed. Here are the responses that I received. Make of it what you will. Good luck!

Greetings Peter,

My name is ???, I am the customer service rep for TAP Electronics. We are the factory service center for TEAC/TASCAM USA. Thank you for reaching out to us for your inquiry needs.

Please be advised that in order to properly diagnose what the issue with this unit is and to correctly give you an accurate estimate, I would need for you to send the unit in to our facility for repair service. Below I will paste a link that will direct you to all of our shipping instructions. Let me know if you have any further questions. (714) 562-7400.
http://goog_164979674/
http://www.tapelectronics.com/service-instructions/

Peter,

TAP Electronics is the factory service center for TEAC/TASCAM USA, which means that we are an extension of them. So the answer is to your question is that we are the "in-house" warranty and non-warranty repair. Just off site.

I have lived the last 40 years with name changes and outsourcing (gone mad). What I get from it is that they do not want the liability for a down turned market. Name changing is done to avoid something (whether it is financial, pension, union(s), or customers), in my opinion, it makes the brand lesser. Even if it is the same people doing the same job, something has changed.

What concerns me more is that Tascam has not made a system level product design in a long time. They do not seem to want to invest in a shrinking market even though they made all their money by doing so year after year. It is a shame that they are not trying to be the leader in this industry any longer.

I bet I can get an "A Men" from the others that own these consoles. To us these are still state of the art.

Reactions: Peter Batah
This is Gibson’s decision. They bought TEAC/Tascam. The also bought Cakewalk SONAR and flushed it down the toilet last week.

They went on to flush Gibson Memphis too.
So, teac tascam might be gutted.

They should be releasing the software to public domain.

Do you know anyone that has access to the source code for DM4800 and the modules and drivers ?

Source code? Never will happen.

All Beta drivers were released by Tascam before the DM3200 was discontinued.

Also the FTP site where the drivers are made available is Tascam’s.

cmaffia - You seem to definitely be the subject matter expert on this forum. I wonder if you saw the post I put out there yesterday and if you might be able to help me set up routing on my DM-3200. Even if you could point me to a couple screen shots that display the correct routing for what I want to do, that would be great!
Thanks.

There are far more knowledgeable gurus here. If I have time I will look for your post. Many old and newer forum users have a great understanding of the routing capabilities so they may beat me rornthe punch!

Hi guys I know it's an old thread but I'm having the same problem.... Did the Op get the situation resolved? And if not does anyone have any ideas. It say card OK and driver offline. But to the pc it's like there isn't any firewire cable plugged in. Please help I really can't afford to replace my If-fw.

Thanks guys,

Regards.

Ste.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.