Import 24 bit WAV files into DP-006 multitrack recorder

Bambi

Veteran
Hello, I have a question about the Tascam DP-006. I'm weighing buying the recorder but, before, I'd need to know if I can import 24 bit WAV files to it from my computer. I've read the manual and it says that if you import a file different from WAV you must previously convert it to WAV 16 bit, 44.1 Khz. But it refers to "different from WAV" files. So I don't know if I could import a 24 bit WAV file. Some lines below the manual says "this unit does not support WAV files with sampling frequencies other than 44.1 Khz", but it doesn't specify anything either about 24 bits.

The reason of wanting to import 24 bit WAV files is because I've recorded externally with that bit depth to improve my signal to noise ratio. If I could'n import WAV in 24 bits to the DP-006, I would have to record the external files in 16 bits, and that would affect my signal to noise ratio, as my sound source is very soft. I don't plan on recording the source directly with the DP-006 as this multitrack has a much worse signal to noise ratio than my external recorder

Reading my manual of the DP-008EX (which is very similar) I see the same constrain. I'm confident it does manage import/export exactly with 44.1 kHz/16 bit (CDDA standard). And nothing different.

Reactions: Bambi
Hello dctdct, thank you for your answer. Ok, I'll try to adapt to those parameters then, and hope I get a good enough result

New threads

Members online

No members online now.