Installing GF2050 DVD-RAM

deepsignal

Gear owned
MX2424, Model 24, A6100
I just got a nice clean and working unit but I need to recover some sessions form DVD-RAM discs. It did not come with with the drive so I found one. I went to install it and realized I need the 50 to 68 pin adaptor that I think maybe all units came with. Will anyone I find on eBay work fine or is there anything special about it?

Also, the doc showing the recommended jumper settings show the termination on but there is already a terminator on the HD. Should the jumpers be set to 1, 2, 4, 5 for ID3 or just 1, 2, 4?

Ok, I just found the part in a manual that lists ADP-9053 and it seems that is replaced by ADP-9056. Is this correct?

I can confirm ADP-9056 is the part you need if you are installing a DVD-RAM into your MX-2424 for the first time. The DVD-RAM will be a 50 pin internal connection on the back but the LVD SCSI cable has an HD68 male connector on the ribbon cable. The SCSI instruction PDF on the Tascam site list this part as ADP-9053 but it is discontinued and the replacement is ADP-9056. This is not a Tascam specific part number but a general computer industry part number. Use the jumper settings as described in the docs on the Tascam site.

New threads

Members online