Introduction from Pacific Northwest, USA

Tom Boyles

From
Southern Oregon USA
Gear owned
DP-32SD, DP-32, A2340SX
I actually created my account in October 2021 but was a reader of the posts from you lovely people and not adding much until the last couple weeks. Thank you to those who have already to been an invaluable resource to my learning and journey with TASCAM products.

My name is Tom and am in the USA in the southern area of the state of Oregon.

I didn't realize how much TASCAM/TEAC gear I have. Everything from a 2488neo, DP-32, DP-32SD (yes, I have both for some reason), a TEAC A2340SX that was my introduction to 4-track recording (That I bought second-hand in the late 1980s), a DR-70 I use under my DSLR for recording video, a GB-10, an DR-1 and possibly other stuff I don't recall at the moment.

On Saturday mornings, I try and record a new tune that I challenge myself to try different genres/styles. They are all instrumentals that I call "Saturday Soundtrack Sketches".

Most tracks are either recorded on a 2488neo, or most recently, a DP-32SD and other parts done in Reason.

For those interested in hearing my "sketches", check out the link below. All are recorded in my living room, with coffee and before anyone else is up to start their day.

Drum tracks are either; Discrete Drums, Reason Drum Kit or Toontrack EZ Drummer. Otherwise, all other tracks are just me noodling around.

>> https://www.reverbnation.com/tomboyles

Thank you for reading, possibly listening and have a fantastic day.

Glad to have you aboard, Tom!

Reactions: Tom Boyles
Hi Tom! Nice to meet u! Really enjoyed browsing thru your featured tracks. Lots of really tasty choices, I really like the stereo effect you got with the guitar chords panned leftish and the string clamped strum/smack sound panned right on ‘Letting You Go.”

New threads

Members online