Is anybody out there?

GTBecker

Veteran
Gear owned
DR-44WL
What does it take to get a response to a post here?

I suppose it's fair to expect that those reading this message own a Tascam recorder. Do you have any experience to relate?, ideas to pursue?, problems to solve?, solutions to propose? Someone wants to hear from you.

Or are there just too-few owners, and fewer who care? Very sad - damned-near-dead forum.

Is there a knowledgable Tascam employee reading this who might try to muster sufficient awareness to help their customers - or are we on our own? FWIW, I have gotten a few responses from custser5@teac.com, but my last two messages - I thought helpful firmware bug reports - met with silence there, too.

Tom

Well I think you're right Tom; too few owners, and it's only a percentage of these who have the time or patience to post, although looking at the read vs reply counts on some posts makes you wonder. For me, there are so many forums nowadays you could easily soak up all your spare time responding or contributing. I only monitor this one now & again and sometimes chip in where I can, but it's pro-active not re-active. One of my other forum haunts (EMU samplers) was superseded by a facebook group, and this seems to have far more activity, presumably because f/b is part of so many peoples lives nowadays, but the downside is there is no structure and no retention of data for searching for solved problems, so you tend to get the same old questions appearing over & over. Not sure what the solution is. It's a shame as there are a lot of knowledgeable users on this forum judging by some of the responses, but I suppose they've all got lives/jobs to get on with so we just have to be patient.

> ... there are a lot of knowledgeable users on this forum judging by some of the responses, but I suppose they've all got lives...

Well, that's a generous supposition here, methinks, Phil.

When I was recording and gigging (mixing, in my case), I had a life, too - and so did each member of the band - but we all still found the time to get together to rehearse - where we communicated and improved our artistry and craft.

My experience in other forums and lists is that a larger share of participants want to, and do, actively participate in the forum focus and have specific help to offer - particularly to newcomers. falloutboy101, for instance, would have seen a welcome of some sort, and then a suggestion of where to start with recorder placement in a loud band. Not here, where the question is ignored and the band is left alone and wanting. Is that what a community does?

I don't get it; something is lacking here. This is a place for discussion of an exciting and fun endeavor - but little communication occurs here.

If anyone from Teac/Tascam reads this, I challenge you to consider how many more devices might be purchased if an active moderator worked this forum, steering the members by example, and truly assisting their customers - and ultimately selling more product to happy users.

And to those who read this: write unselfishly. Please.

Tom

Last edited:
Maybe you are under the assumption that this forum has direct links with Tascam as a company, but that is not the case. Users only, with sometimes a Tascam staff member chiming in.

That also means that posts like firmware bug reports will probably meet silence - also depending on the sub forum here. I did read some of your posts and they are very informative, but don't directly provoke a response (certainly if like me, the reader doesn't own a DR-44). I only read other sub forums sometimes (I own a DR-100), but am most active in contributing to and learning from the DM-3200 and 4800 sub forum, which is quite active and very friendly as well..

You can only expect a response from someone that has the answer to the problem. Answers from people that don't know does not help you. You have to wait for the person that has the answer to find the question.

This is the question amongst their busy lives (probably gigging and recording, and usually a day job LOL), and this may take longer than a day or even a week, which I know in this instant world we now live in where everything is wanted now and why should I wait attitude prevails can be hard to understand.

Eventually the answer will come if there is in deed an answer.

Alan.

He doesn't want answers. He wants praise. Check the OP's posts for verification.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.