Is there a power down sequence?

Muzz

Gear owned
Model 16
Hi y'all! I'm new here -- I just got a Model 16, and I'm a little taken aback by the power switch. It looks like it really turns off the equipment, and doesn't even give it time to shut down and write do disc and anything else those electronic computery creatures like to do. Is it really safe just to turn it off, or is there some sort of a power down process we're supposed to do?

Thanks guys n' gals!

Tom

Always save your work before you turn it off. You will want to turn your monitors off before powering the board off, too.

Other than that? What am I missing, guys?

Thanks @Blue Monster 65! Weird thing is there's no "save" on the Model 16... so I can just turn it off at any time?

Yeah - I do. And as far as the "save" on the M16, there's not as such, but I always make sure my files are there that I've been working on. Paranoid, I guess! Hahahahahaha!

Reactions: Muzz
I just shut the power switch off and so far I haven't lost anything.

20 years ago with my Roland 880 there was a whole shut down process but maybe that's the difference between a "Hard drive" and an "SD" card.

Reactions: Muzz and -mjk-
@Andy R. Thanks! I think I used to have that VS880 too! It drove me nuts because I'm colorblind, and the buttons used to change colors in hues I could never tell apart!

Yeah Muzz the Roland VS880 drove me crazy. It was just so cumbersome to operate. the Model 16 is so much easier to use.

New threads

Members online