Issues with CAD CM217 condensers

Hybrid_Cult

Gear owned
US 16x08
Hi guys, newbie in the house.

I recently got myself a US 16x08 AI. I also got myself CAD 7 piece mic kit which contains 2 overhead mics which are the only ones that are not responding.

The indicator in the tascam app is not moving at all. I'm using Reaper and I get no response there either.

Here are the CM217 specs:

CM217 Specifications
Operating Principle: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 40Hz to 13KHz
Sensitivity: -41dBV (8.9mV) @ 1 Pa
Impedance: 230 ohms
Hi-pass Filter: 200Hz, 6dB/oct
Attenuator: 10dB
Power Requirements: P12, P24, P48, 11mA(P48)

All other 5 mics are working perfect, except for the 2 overhead mics.

Please note that I'm a total newbie and understand absolutely nothing in recording. I only managed to get the 5 mics running but the overheads are not running for some reason although they all have the same settings. I tried to cable on the other mics and they worked. So I'm assuming its a mic issue.

I really appreciate it if you guys can help. Sorry boys...I'm a total noob! Thanks!

Don't worry, we've all been there.. The solution is quite simple, really. These mics need 'phantom power'. It's quite obscured by the used wording 'Power requirements: P48' in the specs. Your interface should have the option to switch on +48V for some or all mic inputs - make sure it's on for the ones these mics are connected to. Done!

Don't worry, we've all been there.. The solution is quite simple, really. These mics need 'phantom power'. It's quite obscured by the used wording 'Power requirements: P48' in the specs. Your interface should have the option to switch on +48V for some or all mic inputs - make sure it's on for the ones these mics are connected to. Done!

You are the boss. Thanks man!

New threads

Members online