Last ?’s before pulling the pin

Sparky

Hey guys, new here and Thankyou to this forum. Experience:live sound, studio (both R2R and digital), and DAW mainly PT. I’m still pouring over the tutorials (thanks again) and feel pretty solid on my decision to buy the 24SD. Being said, I’ve been out of the “scene” for a spell so forgive me if I flounder on old territory.
1. Can both sends outboard be used simultaneously and routed to individual tracks during rec and playback?
2. Will this unit run on inverted power? I know some chipsets hate it or wont run at all.
3. Is there a chance in hell a VGA output will ever be available? I know a couple of D32 users that have mods for them.
4. Who’s preamps are used?
5. Is there a road case out there you guys would recommend?
Thanks for your time and might be seeing more of me very soon.

Welcome, Sparky.

1) Yes. But keep in mind that you have to have open/available inputs to return to for each send

2) As long as you feed the machine clean, steady 115-120V/60Hz - you're good to go

3) I would not count on that

4) Don't know who Teac/Tascam used as a supplier for the built in preamps - but most folks seem to be happy with them

5) I'm not aware of a particular road case for these recorders. You may want to look at the dimensions and check around to see what might work for that purpose. Seems to me that you're likely to find something that will work if your motivated

Plenty of motivation for the case. Just thought there might be a favorite out there. I might have one laying about somewhere and just refoam. Thanks for your reply David. My inverter is pretty clean and the freq is dead on. But I’ve had a couple of devices turn their nose. Not a deal breaker however.

Is there a road case
I seem to recall a discussion on that a couple years back (2018 maybe?). Try the search function; it might turn up with the right key words.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.