Logic Pro DM-3200 help!

Zachary

Gear owned
Dm-3200
Hello! I am very new to the console world and I was thinking about grabbing a 3200 for my studio but I wanted to clarify a couple of things if anyone could help me out I would very much appreciate it

1 is it possible to use this board with Mac Catalina?

2 I would be using this board for mixing not recording. Is it possible to route multiple tracks in Logic to the board to mix? Also is it possible to use EQ and compression through the board into your tracks in logic? Or is the 3200 more of just a midi controller?

Hi Zachary, and welcome to the forum!
1. Yes.
2a. Absolutely, a maximum of 32 channels @96kHz can be sent out.
2b. Ehm, you said you won't be using the board for recording, but yes, it is possible.
2c. The DM-3200 is also a control surface (and limitless patch board with crazy free routing), and has its own automation on top of that.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Awesome thank you so much!

ya I was planning on recording through my Apollo interface and using the mixing board for post processing (so sending all of my recorded tracks and drum loops to my mixing board for basic compression EQ and gain staging) and I wasn’t sure if the board was able to do what I was trying to do. Since I’m very new to boards in general haha.

What would you recommend i have ready to go for the mixing board? I’m guessing I will need FireWire to usb to connect the board to my computer. Would you recommend anything else?

Thank you so much in advance!

I have no knowledge of anything Apple except from what I read here, and you'll need something to adapt the DM FireWire connection to your Mac. Since Apple changes their hardware every so many years I don't know what it is, but it's certainly not USB.

BTW, FireWire from the DM-IFFWmkII contains only the 32 channels of audio in and out. Although there is also MIDI on the card, this has no real function for the DM use. For that, you'll need to connect the mixer USB to your computer for control functions and scene storage etc. (MIDI over USB).

New threads

Members online