Looking for buying microswitch for play and rec function

brain

Gear owned
2488 neo
hi , i’m looking since 2 day more than 4hour each day to find a ref for the microswitch play and rec button , i would like to replace mine who didn’t work annymore by new one

I know you told me first clean it with deoxit spray , it’s made the micro switch alive for sure.

the real reason i would like to change the microswitch than clean it , it’s only fof monney because normal microswitch cost beetwen 0,10€ to 1€ each one with cost postage and i don’t own reoxit spray i need to buy one , this spray is around 20€ for this cost i can buy if the switch is in a regular price more than 5 for the half price of a reoxit spray (i hope so ...)
I’m in a really really poor period , for me the compt is quickly made i prefer buy new switch for a definitiv fixing solution than a spray who cost more i can offer

Reactions: -mjk-
I have also occasionally considered the value/wisdom of, and effort involved in, replacing under-button microswitches rather than trying to clean/lube the existing ones. I have an O/G DP-32 (probably 8-10 years old) and a 2488neo (easily 15+ years old!); both are in fantastic condition and don't have any real button-function issues (my DP's [Track Edit] button was fussy for a month or two once), but I consider the idea that "the day will come"...

Has anyone done this? Care to put forth on where the parts came from, how hard was it to do, what were your results?

I'm all ears!!! :)

Welcome to the forum. Agreed changing buttons for new ones is a better solution, but there's the danger of messing something up if you're not comfortable working with these static-sensitive units.
Deoxit is expensive, but someone (I think it was @Old No7 ?) mentioned you can buy much smaller quantities (in a tube as opposed to a spray can) so this may be a work-round for now.

Nope, that wasn't me -- but I do recall seeing a post recently which mentioned that... If I find it, I'll post the info or link to it.

Old No7

I’m sorry but i really want to ghange the microswitch
For the price of little deoxit i can buy more than 10 microswitch with post cost
I try to upload a photo with the microswitch but i can’t , no access permitted to upload a file
So the microswitch is 3 pin but one pin is like a bridge on a side and is 6mm×6mm
Can’t find anny ref on alibaba for 3pin

I watch all the microswitch in amazon website and no one looklike the one i need
But on a way i sew the price for regular microswitch and for hundreed with post is around 5€!!
Coolll!!! and it’s will be better to had enough switch for the rest of my life than deoxit who cost 4 time the price of hundreed switch and the deoxit will be finish less in 5 years with my 40 electronic instrument....
It’s not a problem for soldering and i keep thinking is better to change the microswitch if i can find this @#$%^&@#$%!!!!!! Ref
Thanks a lot who try to help me!!

Reactions: Phil Tipping
no ones there know the microswitch ref ??
Did you know if tascam had a hotline or a mail where i can write for ask to give me the ref of the microswitch. A mail where tascam give answer to her custummer
But in a commercial way i don’t think tascam give me the ref for free.......

I suggest you download the service manual.

I can’t find where download the service manual for the 2488neo and find the play and record microswitch ref
If someone can give a link for the service manual , component list , or directly the microswitch ref it will be great!!
Thanks

no one want help me with my needed ???????
Please....

no one want help me with my needed ???????
This has NOTHING to do with you, OR people’s willingness to help.

What it DOES have to do with is the fact that, other than a few of us who haunt the forums regularly, there’s a pretty low traffic-level here…so it’s likely that your request for information has not been seen by anyone with answers for you.
And the answers you seek are more likely to be provided by a marvelous invention called “google”, than by the random visitor here who has those answers.

You might also consider looking up another marvelous online tool called “google translate”, to make your messages easier to understand for those of us limited to English.

Good luck!

Reactions: Max Relic
i know is nothing against me
Sorry for my bad english
But pepole understand me as well if i had corect answer
I’m looking more than 2 day on the web and i don’t found service manual for 2488neo , i didn’t post answer without trying my own research first
But i’m really sorry
i really need help for this microswitch ref
It’s really strange , it was so hard to find ref for a current component like that , just because tascam had a special one but the fall of function touch are really commun
So if i don’t find i think i will buying deoxit...
Sorry again
Thanks for pepole who give me answer
no one in a tascam forum can give a ref or a manual service links

I understand your frustration, but can't understand why you can't sort this out yourself... and maybe post the results to help others :)
You imply you are happy/competent enough to undertake the process of taking your 2488 apart and soldering new switches, so why not just do it?... take it apart, unsolder one of the switches, make some measurements of its dimensions, then look online for something similar. I can't imagine Tascam made a bespoke switch, so there must be something out there which is 'near enough'. Even in the unlikely event you can't find anything, if you're adept enough to tackle a problem like this, you are surely capable of improvising a solution.
Sorry to be so blunt, but the fact that no-one has replied means that no-one knows the answer... so why not take ownership of the problem and become a 'guru' in 2488 switch replacement? :)

...Did you know if tascam had a hotline or a mail where i can write for ask to give me the ref of the microswitch. A mail where tascam give answer to her custummer
But in a commercial way i don’t think tascam give me the ref for free.......
TASCAM has a website, and on that web site is the Support area, and under the Support area is the Repair area, where you can explain your issue and request the part number, and maybe even purchase the part.;)
https://tascam.com/us/support/repair/contact/5

Since the 2488 has been out of production for more than a decade, that may be your best option.

no ones there know the microswitch ref ??
I'm not sure why you would expect the members of this non-affiliated TASCAM portastudio forum to have the knowledge you seek. We are, for the most part, home recording enthusiasts who do not routinely mess around with the innards of our portastudios.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk- and Max Relic
Indeed. I have moved this thread to the DIY Repairs and Mods forum. This site is populated mostly by users and not professional techs. Perhaps posting on a repair site would be more fruitful.

think you all to give me , way to search
For understanding me i just tell you how is my knowledge about electronic
I know stricly nothing about !! But i fix some synth screen backlight with led i scotch on pin 1 and 2 to tve screen , fix mpc pad with kitchen alluminium , change switch on mpc and synth , so for my tascam is really an easy fix but the switch are strange for me
i want learning but i don’t really know where i can find help .
Is for this reason i post on a tascam forum for a tascam trouble.....
I would bring a photo of this microswitch but when i try to upload a file , a message told me ”can’t upload a file”
But the microswitch is 3pin but one is on a side and made like a bridge
Is not like the curent switch and i don’t know how mesure and which information i need to find a switch who did the job
The transport button problem are really commun for this tascam
I thinking it was easy to find a ref and tascam user can give a ref For a trouble who are really commun....
The strange thing is when i create a contact from tve 1st pin and the out of the resistor who is up from the switch , one time is did the play function but after is made menue function etc...etc....
Thank’s a lot to all
Sorry again for my bad english

finally i thind a place where a man spoke about the same trouble , but he told about 2 pin switch , and i realise the 3rd pin i found strange is a pin who have no conection it’s just i fake pin who made the component take his place... i think so
Just find someone who can confirm it and i try to fix after buying a 2pin switch 6×6mm

New threads

Members online