Looking for buying microswitch for play and rec function

I would bring a photo of this microswitch but when i try to upload a file , a message told me ”can’t upload a file”
Try using an external image host like imgur: drag your photo over the "drop image here" area, copy the link and post it here.

You can always buy samples and use a DMM to check the pinout configuration.

Thanks lot for the tips with photo!!
So the 3rd pin who did a bridge is maybee the ground is for this when i touch this pin with the out of the resistance i don’t pilot the same function each time i create contact , but i don’t know if i did other trouble.
Because when i bring contact beetwen the first pin of a switch who walk and the resistance out of the play function it’s function like normal but i can’t did it with the record transport switch , i really don’t know what’s up with the rec function
I try manny test send volt from a good switch and made contact with the resistance out , hold the contact and made play contact . The play walk like a charm but can’t action a record....??? Can i breack something when i try first to made contact with the 3rd pin (ground) and the resistance out ,i don’t think is possible with a low voltage to burn anny component but i’m not an electrician guy , i took electricity in my boxy anny time i touch the pcb !!!! Just feel a lityle pain and i know i took no risk if i don’t touch high voltage .

I had a dmm , is a multimeter isn’t it? But i don’t understand one thing about the switch who are brocken for me
When the tascam is off and i try to verify the connectivity between pin 1 and 2 from the switch , i had nothing if i don’t push the switch but i had the contact when i push the switch how is it possible if the switch is brocken how is possible i had contact beetwen pin 1 and pin2 . But when is on is like no volt come on the 1st pin because when i made contact with 1st pin to a good switch and the resistance out is function like a charm and beetwen the play switch nothing up
And for the rec function i can’t made it function but the red led are good i can switch on if i send volt on the 1st pin
In the begening of my fix the rec function walk sometime when i made contacr beetwen the resistance out and the 1st pin from other switch who are not f###k up... i didn’t understand what the mess i bring on it
But know i found the wright conection for bring my tascam alive without changing nothing just scoctch cable on the pcb made the cable go out and just made touching the cable together for made the transport function on
I did similare thing on manny other instrument for waiting period with monney.....
Ahhh ahhh when i found my solution , an other problem comming.......
Unluky boy or dummy.... lol!!!

So i did the mesure the tascam switch on
Resistance who did tbe function are the good hom ~1080 for all the 5 transport function , the play switch are breack because beetwen pin 1 and the ground pin i find 0v or for the other switch i find 4,80v so easy to fix , just scotch a cable from pin 1 of the stop transport or other switch and scotch another cable to the resistor out , made touching the cable will did the same than press the play button
But for the rec switch i had the right volt beetwen pin1 and pin3 the resistor on the top is the same ohm than the other transport function and when the tascam is off i had coontact beetwen pin 1 and 2 if i push the switch.... but the rec function didn’t walk
I try to look on the main board if some condo will be breack , nothing seen breack , nothing look like bad
Why??? I can’t made the rec function when i bring contact beetwen a 5v and the resistor out
This thing made me thinking the matter for the rec is not from the switch or did i miss a control on the swich

did some ground trouble can made trouble function ?
on the tascam the pcb screw did the ground . But for try to fix , i unscrew the pcb and when i touch the tascam i take the volt all the time , just low volt but volt are all over the tascam!!
This unit made me weird....

did some ground trouble can made trouble function ?

Oh yes. Ground, or lack of ground can be, and often is, a source of many issues. A grounded mounting screw on the PCB is a common practice. Often there is a star washer under the screw head to ensure contact with the grounding pad on the PCB (and also helps prevent the screw from backing out over time). If you are experiencing some tricky behavior, checking ground continuity is not a bad place to start troubleshooting.

on the tascam the pcb screw did the ground . But for try to fix , i unscrew the pcb and when i touch the tascam i take the volt all the time , just low volt but volt are all over the tascam!! This unit made me weird....

Removing a circuit ground connection on a live device can result in unpredictable and even dangerous results. It's probably not a good idea to take out the PCB grounding screw while the unit is powered on. Plus, no matter what you check with the DMM after that is meaningless as the entire PCB is floating. Component and test point voltages listed in service manual schematics and procedures are only valid under the conditions specified in the service manual.

Reactions: Max Relic
Hello @brain
A few suggestions based on what you reported:
- to evaluate if a component is defective usually require to detach it from the circuit , otherwise the measure will be affected by the connected components;
- circuit inspection and continuity measurements (the DMM applies a voltage to check resistance and continuity) should always be conducted with the device disconnected from power/battery, unless you are expressely measuring voltage or know what you are doing;
- playing with a powered circuit board should be done in very limited circumstances and possibily if you know what you are doing (i.e. following the directions of a service manual), the risk is you can damage the circuit or yourself;
- a missing ground connection can produce little or great effect on the circuit, it depends on what that ground does: if it's a connection to mains earth it could affect audio performance and signal to noise ratio, but it could lead to circuit partial instability or inactivity if it's the power connection to power supply Ground (0 Volts).

Be prudent and careful in your troubleshooting.
Dissolder one of the tact switches and measure the main dimensions and pin distance with a caliper, then look for a similar part among major component suppliers like DigiKey, Farnell, Mouser.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.