Looking to move to DP-24/32 from Korg D888

sepireverb

Gear owned
none yet, looking at seve
I've returned to recording after a long hiatus, and am looking to move to DP-24/32 from an old Korg D888 as I am having endless troubles moving files from my Macs running Mojave to the D888. My workflow has been to record on the D888, mix on the computer (I use Adobe Audition). I'd like to add to older projects that are no longer available as individual tracks, but as stereo mixes, and here is where I am running into problems with the D888. No matter what I've tried, I cannot manage to get the D888 to reliably recognize WAV files that are written on the Mac. Very rarely it does work, but without any rhyme or reason - when I duplicate the workflow with most songs the files are not recognized.

So, in this type of situation, how problematic might the Tascams be in taking a WAV file from a Mac running the current OS?

The DP models, with their added track counts would eliminate much of this bouncing back and forth for me in new projects, but there are a bunch of old things I'd still like to tidy up/tweak.

Reactions: -mjk-
If the wav files are either 16/24 bit, 44.1/48kHz, they should import to the DP machine with no issues.

Reactions: sepireverb
I've been using a MacBook Pro running 10.11.3 with Logic Pro X to import/export WAV files between the DP and haven't encountered any major issues.

Aside from of course ensuring bit depth and sample rates match, the only time I encountered a glitch was on occasion missing simple things like Logic rendering a WAV file in stereo, while I was trying to import it into a DP mono track for example.

Reactions: sepireverb
Excellent to hear. Appreciate the feedback!

New threads

Members online