shredd

Soundaholic
From
7 miles west of the Middle Of Nowhere
Website
www.soundclick.com
Gear owned
2488's, DP-32 & -008(ex)
Hi all...I'm sort of rejoining the forum-world, after being out of it for a while. Between multiple moves, a little career upheaval, and the pandemic completely disheveling my world, there's been a lot on my plate.
BUT - I've recently expanded my Tascam stable with a new-used DP32 (the original, w/MIDI n all) and am quickly learning my way around it and putting it to good use.

I'd add a photo of the studio, but I just found out that my photobucket account is no longer accessible without a paid subscription - which I refuse to do, for the dozen or two photos I keep there. I'll work out something else.

Meanwhile, you can hear a selection of my originals, a couple covers, and even some of the previous "collaborations" I've done - sometimes as simple as someone sending me a single guitar riff and saying "can ya do something with this?". It's at https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=832489&content=songs

And THAT was back in the "old days" when we'd send each other MP2's of something, plop it on the Portastudio, and work around it.
Nowadays, of course, you can send actual .wav tracks, and such...
I still don't do "DAW"-world...I'm pretty much a PortaStudio guy. I've messed around in GarageBand a bit...but my work-base is my Tascam.

So - if there's anywhere to go with this - I'd enjoy it! I'm a "meh" singer - and write perhaps the worst lyrics in history - but play various guitars reasonably well, KB/synths so-so...and I can even use a drum machine.

Lemme know if you wanna try something, or if you have something I can add to!

I could add bass if it's not slap . I don't hate slap, I just can't do it lol . I've only just bought my 32sd , haven't tried importing / exporting yet but the best way to learn is to jump right in .

I could add bass
Hey Bazz...thanks for chiming in!
It JUST so happens that I've got a project going right now that needs bass part...and I no longer own a bass. I occasionally do bass parts on synth/sequencer, but methinks this project needs real bass.

I'm covering a very simple ballad-style song an old pal wrote for his wife. Supermellow (78bpm!), mostly 2 or 3-chord sections, very basic; the 'feel' is more important than a big-vamping melody. But a "real" bass player could surely do it better justice than I could (or even Mike did, back then!).

I could send you the recording he did back then, and/or tracks I've recorded so far (I did it in a different key to accommodate my "voice"...changed the feel of the song just a bit...)

I dunno how this works now...in days of yore, these forums offered a way to make direct contact w/a member...so that everyone else doesn't have to plod through the back-n-forth. Is this possible? Mod's?

I dunno how this works now...in days of yore, these forums offered a way to make direct contact w/a member
You can send private messages to each other using the 'conversation' system: click the envelope icon to the right of your name shown on the FORUMS, SHOP line, and click Start a New Conversation.
There are many ways to transfer tracks back & forth. For large files such as .wav files, some file sharing websites don't require any registration. I use wetransfer.com for files up to 2GB, and transfernow.net for larger ones, but there are plenty of others. You can usually choose to either send the download link direct to the other person, or just get a link so you can send it later with a message to whoever you wish.
Good luck with the collaboration... keep us posted :)

@shredd

Sounds great! Thanks... Collaborations are always a lot of fun! Emailing .wav files back and forth to add to various tracks, etc... Various mixes, etc... Everyone equally has a "say" in how it should go, etc...

That's what I love about playing music with others. The musical bond -even internationally- is one of the most rewarding experiences! :D

I usually set up a shared Google Drive folder for my studio clients. Often the file sizes exceed what I allowable for email clients.

I just exported my bass part via a google drive link to Shredd

we've been sharing files via google. Nice n easy.

I'm really enjoying this collaboration caper :)

New threads

Members online