MacOS catalina model 12 "USB Fs mismatch"

stephen murray

Gear owned
Model 12
Just got the model 12... it replaces a yamaha mg10XU (a great little mixer with no problems). I'm just trying to play iTunes music from macbook thru mixer... AND the display reads: USB Fs mismatch ???? and no sound at all thru the mixer? Other stuff in channels - synth, drum machine - work fine. any help is appreciated. thank you.

Did you set the 12 to use USB under Menu/System?

thanks... I see in the USB AUDIO that I can select from Multi Input or Stereo Mix and I don't honestly know which selection is correct?

I'm still reading thru the manual.... I did install the Tascam Model 12 mixer software - doesn't seem like it does anything... but, now I can get the computer sound to come thru mixer... yay! Thanks for your help.... my biggest problem is I need to thoroughly read thru the manual.... it's just a lot more complicated than the yamaha mg10xu it replaces.... thanks again.

Awesome, making progress! Along with the manual try to check out some of the Youtube videos...great resource.

Mine is set to Multi-Input. Go to page 65 in the manual....and set the....wait....sorry your on Mac....not sure about that. But you have to use the same sample rate, won't work if you don't. But again not sure about Mac..

Reactions: -mjk-
"USB Fs mismatch" sounds like a mismatch with the sample frequency. I don't know this mixer, but is it possible you are trying to play 44.1 kHz files via USB, where the mixer is at 48 kHz (or vice versa)?

Edit: I see @Morgelec is also hinting at this..

Thanks. I think that's right. This is way more mixer than I've ever had... just trying to learn it. Thanks for your help.

Yes, there is quite an elaborate section regarding Fs Mismatch towards the end of the manual.

Im on a mac running catalina - Are we meant to see the model 12 as a storage device on the desktop ( SD card inserted) when plugged in via USB ? - I have installed software and have matched the sample rates .
I am trying to get wave files from computer into a song , I watched the tascam video on recording a song and i can see teh model 12 icon on video but not on my computer ?

Similar issue here -- I watched the sticky to set Settings USB Audio MIX, have not even opened my DAW yet, as soon as I set the song up, set the bit depth and sample rate, and suddenly I get the same error "UBS Fs mismatch" and sound is gone from the youtube sticky tutorial. Cannot figure out how to edit that song to change the bit depth/sample rate. So deleted the song. Still no sound from my mac which was previously coming back fine in ch 1 and 2. Guess I'll pull out the old laptop now, so I can start going through the youtube vids. Manual very very light on this error.

EDIT -- I think I solved my issue. In MacOS, was able to launch AUDIO MIDI SETUP, and that is where I found the 44.1 setting in OUTPUT tab - switched to match what I had in SONG, and seems to be ok now (I got sound back, from my mac, back into track 1 and 2).

Last edited:
Thank you for that followup and adding to the knowledge base. This will certainly help others.

Well, after being super frustrated, I put the studio on hold for a good while. Now needing it to work with a paying project coming up. I thought it would be safe to just start with a whole new DAW. So having a late 2009 iMac with all the extra loaded guts, I just got Logic Pro X and after just a few meager minutes of recording. Gone! Sound goes dead again! So frustrating. Ive checked that all the sample rates are the same on both the Audio MIDI Setup in Utilities, on the Tascam, and in Logic. 48/24. Should just work. Ive spent too much money and wasted too much time for a product that should supposedly work wonders act this poorly. Until Tascam helps me out (which Ive called their "tech" support countless times) I will tell anyone, do not get this POS, its a nightmare. Try to record a session as an artist and wonder if in the middle of your best track your laying down, is it all gonna just go silent?! Talk about going back to the dark ages, at this point I'd have better success wondering if my tape deck will strip out...

In MacOS, launch AUDIO MIDI SETUP, and change the setting to the 44.1 setting in the OUTPUT tab! Thanks, @BRENDAN.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.