Metronome to headphones?

Patrick Gescheidle

From
Montana
Gear owned
DR-40, Model 16
I'm using the Model 16 with my MPC One and a few other electronic pieces of gear that all have their clocks synced. I want to jam a bit with a drummer and we were talking about giving him a click track to follow.

I've been trying to read the manual for an answer, not really knowing what to look for though or seeing anything useful.

So my question is this:
Is there a way I can use headphones to monitor a click track without it going to the Main out?

Reactions: -mjk-
Okay, I figured out how to send the click track just to monitor 1 / 2 and I can plug headphones straight into there. I was too stuck on using the actual headphone jack which is just monitoring the mains.

personally, I'd rather have a drummer keep his own time, if he can. Music recorded to click tracks sounds too sterile to me, music is supposed to ebb and flow, both in dynamics and timing imho ymmv etc etc.. Although.....I DO understand with midi and electronic instruments you probably need a click track to keep it all together.

Ignore me, I'm just waffling hehe

Playing with a click track doesn't make the human performances sound mechanical though. It just keeps them a little tighter. In the old days, often it was only the drummer that monitored the click and the rest of the band monitored the drummer.

yeah I should've clarified that it's when they go thru and time shift every out of time note that it sounds aweful :)

Okay, I figured out how to send the click track just to monitor 1 / 2 and I can plug headphones straight into there. I was too stuck on using the actual headphone jack which is just monitoring the mains.

Were you able to figure out how to put the click directly on the headphone jack? I found it under:

Menu --> Click --> Setting --> Phones1 --> Output set to either ON or OFF

That seems to be working for me -- I can hear the click on my headphones but it doesn't go to the main mix.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.