MF-P01 Disassembly Question

rcsmrs00

From
Los Angeles
Gear owned
488 Mk I
Hey everyone,

I can’t seem to hear other tracks clearly while overdubbing on my mf-p01. The tracks in the same group are audible (I.e track 1 can be heard while overdubbing to track 3) etc. but it’s pretty hard utilizing all tracks for recording, so given the cheap nature of this machine I decided to try and work on it myself and at least clean the insides while trying to diagnose and fix the problem..

long story short, I’ve managed to take it apart partially but now am trying to access the top pcb in the top half of the case and I can’t get any further getting everything out of there. I’ve removed all screws holding the board In place and the knobs/fader on the top. From what I can tell, the only thing preventing me from lifting it out is the input and line out jacks...Theyre wired to the board along with some ceramic caps and I’m wondering if I need to desolder them to take it out or if there’s a simpler way.

any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

I have never had to work on one but I suspect there are knobs that have to come off?
What does the service manual say? Most times it is good to consult this as working on the unit.

I have cracked mine open. It was a bit of a chore, but not terribly so. For complete disassembly, you'll have to remove the "rec function" button on each track.

You do not have to desolder anything.

As for your problem, I can only suggest you check the C105, C205, C305, and C405 capacitors on the lower PCB. Apparently, these are the caps that affect the playback of each track. I've read on another forum that those caps are prone to going "leaky." They can be replaced with 220uF caps rated at 25v, and those should last.

The best of luck to you!
I love my MF-P01 and would really like to get it working again. (Mine has no input signal)

I got mine working again by replacing the capacitors mentioned above. Good luck!

New threads

Members online