Soundaholic
From
Montreal, Canada
Website
www.cafejoya.com
Gear owned
DM4800 / MU1000
Hello folks,

I work in a limited space and am doing my best to maximize the room that I work in. So, I decided to spoil myself (sort of) and replace the 19" display that was connected to my 2Seemy card with this cute little 7" color display. Surprisingly, it was an excellent fit. I plan to do a little housekeeping in so far as the cabling is concerned. Hope you guys don't mind the share. Have yourselves a wonderful day / evening!

Peter

https://imgur.com/nvd5i8D
https://imgur.com/Ca18APq

Reactions: snafu and skier
Hi @Peter Batah, looks great! In fact, I have a 7" display at hand for the same reason, but my DM display is still okay so I don't need it yet. But it looks nice and (for me most important) doesn't take more space than the mixer display area.

Reactions: Peter Batah
@Arjan P Try not to chuckle when reading this: I had put this 7" display in my Amazon wish list several months ago but was in no hurry to place it in my cart for official purchase. Until my lovely wife found some lipstick on Amazon that she absolutely had to have (she most definitely deserves to pamper herself). So I threw in the display and had everything shipped over for free. Happy wife, Happy life!

Well, I got mine without lipstick, but hey, whatever works, right!? :LOL:

BTW Peter, how did you attach or mount it in place on the mixer?

@Arjan P I did nothing at all. Took it out of the box and sat it directly on top of the DM display.

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-
Hey Peter, it looks good! Can't even tell that it's just resting over the other display.

Thanks for sharing.

One of the things that I can really appreciate about this Mini Me is that if I step away from the console for a few hours I can just pick up the little remote that came with the device and switch off the little bugger. Something that I could not do with the DM's original display. Just thought that I'd add that little note. Have a great day folks! Thank you for chiming in.

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-
Hey Peter, you got yourselfes a nice display there: I can tell from the images that it is much better in contrasting and backlight than the original. Did you just plug it into the external monitor jack of the DM or is there some adaptor-magic going on? Mind to share which display you specifically used (just in case my wife should want some lipstick for xmas or so...)?

Hey Peter,
Thanks for sharing this.
About a year ago, I was searching for something similar, but couldn't find it.
I'm using a 12" monitor on the side for 2seemy.
Are you able to freely access the DM buttons to the right of the Mini Me?
Looks like it hangs over some of them.
Also, the connecting cable?
Is there a way to route it transparently?
Thanks!

Thanks for the links Peter! I went to 2Seemy website, but I don't get quiet the difference why to build in a card instead of using the vga out of the DM? Where are the differences?

There is no VGA Out on the DM...

the shame...the shame...

No honestly, I thought I read something in the manual...and I was pretty sure, on the backside of the Dm would be some connector for a monitor. But there isn't. OK, so now the 2Seemy makes A LOT more sense, I guess ;-)

Reactions: Arjan P
Hey Peter,
Thanks for sharing this.
About a year ago, I was searching for something similar, but couldn't find it.
I'm using a 12" monitor on the side for 2seemy.
Are you able to freely access the DM buttons to the right of the Mini Me?
Looks like it hangs over some of them.
Also, the connecting cable?
Is there a way to route it transparently?
Thanks!
Yes, I can access the buttons to the right of the display. As I may have stated in an earlier post, I still have some housekeeping work to do in so far as the cabling is concerned. What you see in the pics is temporary. I would like to somehow run the cables straight up towards the meter bridge if possible. Thank you for your comments. Have a great day. Peter

Yes, I can access the buttons to the right of the display. As I may have stated in an earlier post, I still have some housekeeping work to do in so far as the cabling is concerned. What you see in the pics is temporary. I would like to somehow run the cables straight up towards the meter bridge if possible. Thank you for your comments. Have a great day. Peter
Excellent!
Looks like a perfect solution.
I'm thinking about running the wires in to the board... drilling some small holes or sending them up under the mesh grill strip.
BTW, did you choose green as the color palette?
Looks cool.
Thanks again for this cool info!
All the best!

@waterstrum I am not too keen on the idea of drilling / modifying the DM in any way, shape, or form. Ultimately, that is a personal decision of course. The reason that you are seeing that green color is because the flash on my cellular phone was not turned on. There may actually be a way to choose a color setting but I haven't delved into that yet.

New threads

Members online