Ministudio Porta 02 MkII - Potentially blown?

Cubzoa

Gear owned
Tascam PortaMk2
Hello!

I think I might have blown something in my 4 track recorder!! All was working well before I tried to bounce a song I recorded yesterday out through the 4 track’s line out. I attached a phono to Xlr cable from my 4 track into my interface (to transfer my tune into the computer) and forgot to switch phantom power off on my interface’s channels. Since then my four track hummms a lot and does this thing where the sound judders in and out! The judder’s start slow and speed up.

The 4 track was behaving itself for a bit this morning but has started playing up again this afternoon.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this!? Either myself or if I can post it to anyone for repair and if it will cost loads!?

Thanks for reading!

Jack

Yes, that 48 Vdc will do in op amps as they are not suppose to have more the 14Vdc on them.
I have had to change some front end op amps from decks with 1/4 inputs and just because it is a 1/4" input does not mean you can plug a guitar amp into it with that kind of voltage- then comes a repair bill but I am sure it can be fixed.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.