Mixing Driver 1 for US-2x2 & US-4x4 driver 16 bits only

mathieujm

Gear owned
US-4x4
Hello, I am new here because I have now an US 4x4 and I have some questions about the
Mixing Driver 1 for US-2x2 & US-4x4.
It's great because of the mixer. My use is only to be able to have a Youtube video opened and my DAW (Samplitude) opened simultaneously and not to have to close my Youtube window before lunching my DAW.
BUT... it seems that this driver is only 16 bits, no 24 bits.
Someone could tell me more about the bitdeph of this driver ?
The other driver (US-2x2 & US-4x4) is 24 bits... but it's exclusive.
Thanks
JM

Did you see this? : http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/cakewalk-tascam-and-asio-config-learnings.5645/

I worked out the same thing. Bad news is that even now that I understand the bit rate stuff better, the "newest" driver is still terrible with my Sonar software. Cracking and audio dropout galore after 2 years of perfect use. I have tried different drivers, tuning my system, different sample rates, etc, with no luck.

I have no problem using one or the other driver with their own limitations. They work well on my pc (Dell 5590 W10 1607)

The only ASIO drivers i used and were not exclusive, were the Motu one... and they didn't have any bitdeph limitation....

After another day of troubleshooting, I think I have gotten my system stable again. I had a couple of new programs that had added services that were taking too much CPU and a loose connection on my right speaker. So far today I have recorded a one take example song with 5 tracks and one MIDI synth playing drums that everything is working well.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.