Model 12 Mixdown and Stereo Mix Export is blank

Discussion in 'Model 24/16/12' started by CLane.Studio, Dec 4, 2020.

1. CLane.Studio

CLane.Studio New Member

Boston, MA
    Gear:
    Model 12
    Just got my Tascam model 12. Recorded 3 tracks then mixed down. Swapped track 11/12 to 9/10. When I played it here nothing. Same when I do a stereo export. I load the .wav on SD play on the mixer and hear nothing. I open the files on my pc and see that the file was written and contains data. I open it on my daw and see the recorded mix but there’s no sound on it. Note that I can here all the tracks when mixing down.
  2. JSchmo_Bass

JSchmo_Bass Member

NJ, USA
    Gear:
    Model 12, DR-40X
    Stereo Export will *only* export the contents of master Track 11/12 to a stereo file.

So just do your Export BEFORE you move a given the mixdown off master track to somewhere’s else

(If you swap your 9/10 back to 11/12, do a Stereo Export it should work perfectly... then swap it back to 9/10 to park it while you try other mix setting)
    -mjk- and CLane.Studio like this.
  3. Hammarlund

Hammarlund Member

Gear:
    Model 12
    1) Make sure you're recording, obviously, yes I have done that ;) and that you were in fact sending recording tracks to main.
    2) After copy, double check input switch (3-way live/USB/MTR) and send buttons (track can have MTR input but not play.)
    3) if you want official stereo export, use 11/12 only
    -mjk- and CLane.Studio like this.
  4. CLane.Studio

CLane.Studio New Member

Boston, MA
    Gear:
    Model 12
    Well, hot damn!! It worked. You just made my day brother and saved me a call ta TASCAM. I really appreciate the help. Have a great weekend.
    -mjk- likes this.