Model 12 Outputs on Windows

Oscar Campos

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hey guys.

Just received my Model 12 but as soon as I connected it to my PC I found out that only one output is being shown on my Sound Panel.
I was under the impression that this mixer got 10 outputs, all of them visible to the PC, but I think it sends it all over channel 1 and 2.
Is there any way to change this to manually select over which channels the sound goes through?

Thank you for any help.

Did you install the USB audio driver?

Yes I did. Windows only shows one output (Tascam Speaker) and one input (Tascam Microphone).

ASIO shows all channels. I think the drivers are not coded to show all WDM channels.

ASIO is the only driver that will allow you to utilize all channels. It cannot be done with WDM.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd love for WDM sound to come out of one of the stereo channels. Having to give up two preamps and needing to set the balance of regular computer audio using two small faders is an annoyance.

Has anybody found a workaround?

Finally got my Tascam Model 12 after 3 months of waiting for back order, still figuring stuff out with the mixer.

I found a possible solution (for Windows) using a free software called "ASIO Link Pro" (the creator of the software passed so one of the family members released it for free to the public).

Basically the programs creates a bunch of virtual inputs/outputs on your computer, and gives you the ability to route audio around.

At the moment this is my current setup/routing (for Model 12)
Ch1. Mic 1 (XLR input)
Ch2. Mic 2 (XLR input)
Ch3. Zoom/Skype/Discord (Virtual Input 3)
I create a mix minus on AUX1 and send it back through the Line in on the PC
Ch4. Game Audio (Virtual Input 4)
Ch5. VLC (Virtual Input 5)
Ch.6. Spotify (Virtual Input 6)
Ch7/8. TV (Stereo 1/4 Inch TRS input)
Ch9/10. Phone (1.3mm TRRS input or Blue Tooth)

Then route the Stereo Out (denoted by 11/12) into a virtual output for recording on OBS and Audacity.

I haven't figured out how to route the audio back into Cubase (as a multi track recording) yet, so I'm just recording (a multi track) on the SD card.

A few notes:
- I lose the gain knob function for all the Virtual Inputs so I would have to adjust the volume in the programs itself.
- When recording a Multi Track on the SD card, the faders doesn't affect the volume (possible setting?)
- Faders do affect the volume for the Virtual Output

Last edited:

New threads

Members online